Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Making a physical button to trigger a sample.

OK, bear with me.

I want to make a button or knob that when pressed can trigger a predetermined sample through a sound system.

I can make the sample in audacity. I can also make the button.

But, how can I make it that when I press the button it plays the sample through a sound system without involving a laptop or tablet or phone or anything?

The more I think about it the more I'm thinkibg its not possible is it.

My local wants to fire the "It's coming home" bit from the Lightning Seeds song when/if England score. So it needs to be immediate.

I'm not sure it can be done, but I know you guys might know more than me.

Any ideas?

Would need some sort of pre amp/something to make it line leve

gentlegreen
Pre amp is fine as its going into a pub system.

They want a button that will fire the "Three Lions" main bit when England score.

Yes, they've left it a bit late. Yes I like a challenge. Yes I'm actually missing the game tomorrow.

I went with one of those kinda birthday card mp3 devices which cost about 8 quid. I still have my soldering iron out to rig it to a small speaker with a pre amp in as the one it came with is tiny. I've been a bit distracted with my roof but once I've finished it I will reveal all.

You could easily use the same device for this but its a lot of fucking about for 3 goals.

Last edited:
20221120_183547.jpg

This is the thing that I got from ebay.
The cig papers are for scale not the power source 😀

Its got a built in mp3 player which you can upload to via a micro USB lead. It then has a trigger. Mine's got a light sensor but you get a button too. Then it has a power source. Mine is 3 AAA batteries but you could easily rig it to an adaptor.
There's a small speaker attached to mine which is getting chopped and replaced with one from one of Finn Lardens old toys that has a better one and a preamp. That's already on the bench and tested. Just not had the time to finish it yet.

Attachments

• 20221120_183420.jpg
    20221120_183420.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 1
View attachment 352245

This is the thing that I got from ebay.
The cig papers are for scale not the power source 😀

Its got a built in mp3 player which you can upload to via a micro USB lead. It then has a trigger. Mine's got a light sensor but you get a button too. Then it has a power source. Mine is 3 AAA batteries but you could easily rig it to an adaptor.
There's a small speaker attached to mine which is getting chopped and replaced with one from one of Finn Lardens old toys that has a better one and a preamp. That's already on the bench and tested. Just not had the time to finish it yet.
"Special Branch? I want to report a suspicious character in the neighbourhood, he's been working on weird miniature electronics in his shed, and I'm pretty sure he's been stockpiling fertiliser there too..."

"Special Branch? I want to report a suspicious character in the neighbourhood, he's been working on weird miniature electronics in his shed, and I'm pretty sure he's been stockpiling fertiliser there too..."
...and when I press the button of Armageddon and unleash my annually fermented stockpile of seaweed, nettle and borage tea (It smells like cow shite x infinity), it wont be televised, but it will have a soundtrack.

Sing it Elvis, spread that scent I love in the morning

Back
Top Bottom