Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Looks like I'll be moving to Wales.

The rumour was, half the ground was in Wales so they could play in the Welsh cup. It is built bang on the border though I think.

I'll be about 4 miles over the boarder :)
Wasn't a rumour, they had to ban smoking in the ground when wales banned smoking indoors, england ban wasn't until a year later. It's in flintshire. Nothing to do with welsh cup either, loads of border teams were invited to play, shrewsbury, crewe etc were all welsh cup regulars on and off

Anyway, I'm guessing it's rossett or marford or somewhere, wrexham's home counties

Come to think of it chester didn't even move to the deva until early 90s, pretty sure they never played in welsh cup at that time, we got booted out of welsh cup by '95 ffs. Although they did try and use the ground being in wales to (unsuccessfully) join the welsh premier in 2010 before going bust, lol

Wasn't a rumour, they had to ban smoking in the ground when wales banned smoking indoors, england ban wasn't until a year later. It's in flintshire. Nothing to do with welsh cup either, loads of border teams were invited to play, shrewsbury, crewe etc were all welsh cup regulars on and off

Anyway, I'm guessing it's rossett or marford or somewhere, wrexham's home counties
I refuse to accepts that it's part of Wrexham. It's just too pretty ;)

Pet Hatreds
He took his pet hatreds out for a walk,
On a very strong piece of chain,
For they seemed to dislike the populace,
And would bite people time and again.

He left them outside the hardware shop,
While he purchased a packet of nails,
And when he came out, his pet hatreds had gone.
He was happy and moved to Wales.
Robert Rankin

Back
Top Bottom