Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Looking for Scanners Audio Samples

glitch hiker

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Banned
It's been sampled to death and back, but that won't stop me. Unfortunately what will is google what with Scanners (the David Cronenberg film where heads explode, not unlike GB News) being a very non-specific term.

I'm after the weird stuff Daryl Revok says although any of Patrick MCGoohan's lines are gold.

Is there a secret site that has all this sort of stuff?

Thanks, would appreciate any assistance.

It's possible, but easier to record the audio using Audacity (free to download), assuming all you want is short snippets of dialogue.

You can do it on your phone in a down and dirty way.

• Install a free audio recorder (I just tried Voice Recorder and Easy Voice Recorder)
  • Find a YouTube clip e.g. Scanners Final Battle and cue it up
  • Go back to your audio recorder and start recording
  • Flip to YouTube and play clip
  • When clip has ended go back to audio recorder and stop recording

I would recommend recording long, and then using a free audio editor e.g. Super Sound to get the exact bit you want.

Don't forget to label each individual sample file meaningfully, and to use a filenaming process which lends itself to practical need!

I would suggest something like:

Sample_film_filmname_character_summary

Sample_film_Scanners_DarrylRevok_Ephemerol

Good luck 😃

I would recommend recording long, and then using a free audio editor e.g. Super Sound to get the exact bit you want.

Don't forget to label each individual sample file meaningfully, and to use a filenaming process which lends itself to practical need!
This.

A more rigourous method is to take a full film, strip the entire audio, and create individual samples using something like Audacity.

If you have the film on DVD or BluRay then you will need ripping software (e.g. MacTheRipper, DVD ripper etc).

Then you will need an application which can remove the audio - there are free ones like All2MP3.

Audacity can seem tricky to set up, but the help notes are excellent. You will need to ensure that you undertake the addition steps to export to MP3 (should you wish to).

Basically there are lots of methods, workflows and tools, but certainly I managed to build up a huge sample library (c.20+GB) drawn from DVDs, CDs, cassettes, dictaphone, iPlayer, YouTube, without spending money, and I'm an idiot. I wove hundreds of samples throughout countless podcasts, a few of which still survive.

Back
Top Bottom