26 Winner of Match 24 v Winner of Match 18
27 Winner of Match 23 v Winner of Match 17
28 Winner of Match 21 v Winner of Match 19

Semi Finals
29 Winner of Match 26 v Winner of Match 25
30 Winner of Match 28 v Winner of Match 27

Final
31 Winner of Match 29 v Winner of Match 30

First up is Erith Town away next Tuesday, 19th September. They've just moved to Bayliss Avenue over in Thamesmead, nice new away ground for most I imagine.

If we get through to the final we'll be away, home, away, home. Given our cup form in recent years it'll most likely just be away.

That's their old ground. Don't go there tomorrow! They groundshare with Sporting Club Thamesmead now. You will get the full on Misfits experience on way to ground if you walk from Abbey Wood station. It's a great ground with a clubhouse with a view over the pitch.

That's their old ground. Don't go there tomorrow! They groundshare with Sporting Club Thamesmead now. You will get the full on Misfits experience on way to ground if you walk from Abbey Wood station. It's a great ground with a clubhouse with a view over the pitch.
For anyone who doesn't wish to reenact A Clockwork Orange, bus 177 from Peckham bus station passes the ground. It's a long old journey though, so allow plenty of time if using that route. Bus 229 from Abbey Wood station also passes the ground.

Had a recommendation for the Abbey Arms at Abbey Wood station for pizza and beers.

Job done. Dougal looked lively, encouraging signing.
He was in the same QPR development team as Deon Woodman (although he's a year younger) and if he's anything like as good it could be a potential coup for us. He was released in July, so I guess he was probably an unsuccessful pre-season triallist with a higher level club. He's also an Algeria U20 international, so another potential absentee for international weeks!

Yes, job done, nice ground, not a particularly inspiring overall performance against a team two divisions below us and just about absolute zero atmosphere throughout.

Should have been 4 goals, ref missed a stonewall pen that even their keeper said was "100% a penalty". And disallowed one for offside that was dubious at best.

Did anyone do a check on how many of the players who weren't named in the squad for the Hendon friendly we're in the squad for this one?

Yes, job done, nice ground, not a particularly inspiring overall performance against a team two divisions below us and just about absolute zero atmosphere throughout.

Quite different to our last visit ten years back... Can't find the Buzz report though?!

Still had a good time despite it being very different on the terraces away from home these days. Good to see Phil Wilson briefly too. Great view of match from their bar terrace, burger was decent and friendly staff.

Pics

Photos and video highlights: Dulwich Hamlet progress to the next round of the London Senior Cup after win 2-0 win at Erith, Tues 19th Sept 2023

Photos and video highlights: Dulwich Hamlet progress to the next round of the London Senior Cup after win 2-0 win at Erith, Tues 19th Sept 2023

To answer my own question - I checked through the list of players that AveryDave posted in another thread as missing from the squad for the Hendon bounce game.

Not in Hendon squad and not included in squad for Erith (possibly injured?):
  • Constable
  • Chalobah
  • Ming
  • Jeffrey
  • Pingling

In squad for Erith
  • Wanadio, (started)
  • Jallow (on bench)

Released
- Tumkaya

If I get a sec I will look at the reverse, players who were in the Hendon squad but who didnt feature on Tuesday.

Ricketts was the obvious omission, as his no4 jersey went to Lovatt and confused me for a bit as to why he was playing so far up the pitch until I worked out what was going on!

Jeffrey definitely out injured, suspect Pingling still injured too. No idea on the others. Rumours abound that Hak has shown no mercy to Ming and he has departed.

Back
Top Bottom