Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

London good drum and bass clubs for older crowd

I know there is obviously a having children element and there is obviously some correlation with having kids and moving out of London. There is also a correlation between staying in London and carrying on doing things that lots of people give up altogether once they reach a certain age. I know several people with young kids who still live in London and still, now and again, go out. What my impression is, is that it's much easier just to casually pick a night that looks good and go along for a bit and no-one really bats an eyelid at there being a scattering of older people. I don't mean nights or "scenes" that are targetted at or centred around an older crowd. There are those in London too, but they are certainly not your only option if you're over 40 and want to go out without feeling like an abnormality.

It's actually one of the first things I noticed when I arrived in London as a "young" person, that many nights had a much wider spread of ages than I was used to where I was before (which was Glasgow).

Of course I may be wrong but I'm not sure how we can settle this objectively.
I think you're right. But I don't think it just applies to clubbing. In London people generally just don't bat an eyelid unless you do something really really strange. And if you're doing anything that doesn't seem appropriate for your age, people just won't care as much.

It's a while since I went to London for a DnB night, but I second Corsica. I've found good crowds at Oval Space too. The main thing is to find the style that you particularly like and to try and find where they are playing. You won't be short of options in London.

Never really think about age as I have mates in their late 40's that still go out and I imagine we'll be the same. I guess certain nights attract a younger crowd sometimes.

Can't wait. Haven't touched a drink or drugs since 04 but sober clubbing has been great. Just getting lost in the music. There's also the great pre club stuff as well like the pub etc. It's got such value to most ages!

It's a while since I went to London for a DnB night, but I second Corsica. I've found good crowds at Oval Space too. The main thing is to find the style that you particularly like and to try and find where they are playing. You won't be short of options in London.

Never really think about age as I have mates in their late 40's that still go out and I imagine we'll be the same. I guess certain nights attract a younger crowd sometimes.
When clubbing in Bristol is back and you're going- let me know?
I bought a ticket to this the other day....
Hey, check out this event on FIXR. Want to go? HighRise & Teachings In Dub - Weekend Festival - Return of the dance tickets on Friday 25 Jun | HighRise | FIXR
25th of June!!!!
Teachings in dub always brings the older crowd out.

The only problem with Corsica is that sometimes it feels massively oversold. I know all clubs have their problems with this but due to the shape of the dancefloor it can impede things a fair amount.

Studio 338 have put some nights on too such as Critical Sounds but I've never been.

The only problem with Corsica is that sometimes it feels massively oversold. I know all clubs have their problems with this but due to the shape of the dancefloor it can impede things a fair amount.

Studio 338 have put some nights on too such as Critical Sounds but I've never been.
Well I doubt that will be the case in the future....I imagine it will be half the people and double the price!

Hey, check out this event on FIXR. Want to go? HighRise & Teachings In Dub - Weekend Festival - Return of the dance tickets on Friday 25 Jun | HighRise | FIXR
25th of June!!!!

Yep will do! :) My partner's been really unwell with post viral fatigue so may take me a while to get back to things and I have in my head to wait until the initial mayhem has died down. I want to see how it plays out a bit. I'll definitely be heading to some DnB nights though. :)

Well I doubt that will be the case in the future....I imagine it will be half the people and double the price!

Yeah I've wondered about this. I'd probably pay a bit extra for a bit more room sometimes though I wouldn't pay much more. It's a hard balancing act. I do like Crosica on the whole.

Is in the shit or is the shit ?

what’s the news ?
you know what, i just checked and the situation has changed from what i thought... apologies for that

i heard around last october that it was looking bad - in the shit bad
they didnt get any government money when that was dished out, and were trying to hire out the venue for stuff like shoots for ridiculous amounts out of money in desperation

but i just googled to post a link about how they didnt get the money and this came up from December 2020

...they appealed and got some money after all
it doesnt say how much they got since the review

so i can only speculate now what the situation is
its good they got the money, but in general i doubt there are many venues feeling certain right now

25th of June!!!!

We have tickets for the .... Friday? Whichever night doesn't have Dubkasm :(

Really hyped for Mungos and Born on Road if/ when it goes ahead though :D

bump. anyone?

found a really good one at Hootanany in brixton, run by Jumping jack frost but after others too. older crowd, older tunes :) please.

The BBC journalist Ros Atkins said a D&B night at Electrik Brixton rekindled his love for jungle, and he's firmly in the right age bracket - worth checking out what they have on there I guess?

The best line ups last year by a long way where at The Cause in Tottenham - sadly shut down way too soon

Long running night Soul In Motion is still running, and thyeve got some bigger one-off parties on top of the regular one - moving around venues too

Fox in Lewisham has some nice line ups, similiar vibe to the Hootanany thing you mentioned

Then all the usual spots, Fabrci, printworks, XOYO, Corsica

Back
Top Bottom