Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Live car chases on TV in LA, Miami and elsewhere in the USA

but on the yank ones there always seems to be a ratio of about thirty coppers to one suspect. Unsporting.

This. In this country we send a car to do a job, perhaps two.

In American TV shows they send ALL the cars to do the same job, and if the perp should cross state lines then bonus! You get twice as many!

You can only really use three to do a PIT manoeuvre so what are the other 46 doing?

This. In this country we send a car to do a job, perhaps two.

:confused:

"Four police cars and a helicopter to chase man on a 15mph moped: The not-so-nailbiting pursuit where rider even slowed for speed humps"

2297615.jpg

Congratulations on finding an exception to the norm.

Or are you suggesting that the chases that make their way to British TV are equally exceptional?

There is a reality show of chases on cable. Most of those chases are in the South.
I still think Los Angeles is the center of TV police chases. The best ones are on the surface streets.
Most of the regular news broadcasts will stick with the chase and toss the real news. At the end of the time slot they might continue or refer you to a live stream on the internet. Real news is a real loose phrase here.

:confused:

"Four police cars and a helicopter to chase man on a 15mph moped: The not-so-nailbiting pursuit where rider even slowed for speed humps"

2297615.jpg

A mate of mine told me about that. The cops at the station got a call from one of their buddies who was pissing himself laughing whilst chasing the moped rider, so they all decided to join the 'chase' for the lulz.

I still think Los Angeles is the center of TV police chases. .

They have a lot there, but imo the chases out of the US South are better: older cars, more rollovers and cars flying through the air and into buildings. Also, better accents with the hyped-up cops on the radio.

The South, I agree. Beater cars and older pick ups, more action off the road into ditches, fields and woods.

Good job coppers. Shooting the fuck out of a car with a hostage inside apparently.

When the SUV became disabled at a street intersection, officers exchanged gunfire with at least one of the assailants.

"The firing never stopped," Jones said, noting that the suspects had ammunition strapped to their bodies. "They were trying to kill (the officers), no doubt."

When it was all over, the third hostage was found dead in the SUV and one of the robbers was also dead. The police chief said the hostage was a bank customer, and that she appears to have been used by the suspects as a shield during the shootout.

A mate of mine told me about that. The cops at the station got a call from one of their buddies who was pissing himself laughing whilst chasing the moped rider, so they all decided to join the 'chase' for the lulz.
I used to ride mountain bikes, and one of the guy who would join us was called mad paul. He probably wasn't really mad. In fact he was a copper. A motorbike copper. But he once got a warning when in puruit of a stolen moped whose liberator had taken it across a golf course. The damage that Mad Paul's police motorbike did to the greens was tenfold what the kids on a moped were capable of. He treated it like a motorcross track.

Back
Top Bottom