Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lazio captain arrested in match-fixing investigation

editor

hiraethified
This could be a biggie:
The captain of Lazio has been arrested by police investigating claims of match-fixing.
Midfielder Stefano Mauri, 32, was held along with former Genoa midfielder Omar Milanetto, police said.
Juventus coach Antonio Conte, who just led the club to the Serie A title in his first season in charge, is among those being questioned by police.
Officers also visited Italy's pre-Euro 2012 training camp to question left-back Domenico Criscito, 25.
Police are searching more than 30 homes, including those of players, trainers and administrators of clubs in Serie A, Serie B and lower divisions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18232319

Excuse me while I laugh my bollocks off.....

It now appears Criscito has been taken out of the Italian Euro 2012 squad. Shades of 1982 and 2006? Italian football plunged into corruption/match fixing allegations and within weeks they win a major tournament?!

Excuse me while I laugh my bollocks off.....

It now appears Criscito has been taken out of the Italian Euro 2012 squad. Shades of 1982 and 2006? Italian football plunged into corruption/match fixing allegations and within weeks they win a major tournament?!

Yeah. I'm going to put money on Mario scoring the most goals in the tournament (not a stupid bet as he takes the best penalties) and also falls over a lot.

Juventus again?
It appears Juve aren't involved this time. Although Conte was questioned, it was his time in charge of Siena that they are investigating.

The most astonishing thing is how the allegations came to light. A player for Cremonese was in a car crash and was found to have sleeping tablets in his system. They subsequently found many of the team had been drugged by their own team mate, Paolini, in order to fix results and pay off his gambling debts.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/28/italian-match-fixing-fury-resignation

Back
Top Bottom