Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Lambeth to preen their properties to developers at the London Real Estate Forum

editor

hiraethified
This all looks jolly cosy.
The London Real Estate Forum provides the right environment to launch new projects to the leading players in the industry.
Talk directly to your audience with dedicated and promoted development briefing slots.
Exhibition Stands or Corporate/Project Showcases will raise your profile in the market place.
EXHIBITION
Participation in the London Real Estate Forum exhibition is exclusively reserved for developers, land owners and public sector organisations.

A friend of Facebook commented:
Among the exhibitors ..... at the London Real Estate Forum this year will be Lambeth Council, who will be offering up the land your council homes are built on to the highest bidders, including, of course, Savills. Lambeth Labour Council Leader Lib Peck is one of the confirmed speakers at the two-day conference. If you can afford the £795 ticket you'll be able to hear what she says.

Last edited:
If only I had £7.5k to be a session sponsor. It's all about thought leadership these days.
Demonstrate your thought leadership to an audience of up to 250 leading players by sponsoring one of the conference sessions within the main programme, with the opportunity to shape a session and include a speaker

I notice the new Mayor has not withdrawn his "support".

In similar vein he has decided not to have rent controls and to halve his affordable homes target.

I've been informed that Lambeth is not paying £22,000 to attend this event, but their costs will still involve officer time, preparation etc. I wonder if they'll be building one of the architectural models shown in the event publicity? They can't be cheap. It would be nice if Lambeth told people in advance why they are attending this event and what they hope to get out of it. 'Co-op' council, and all that....

In similar vein he has decided not to have rent controls and to halve his affordable homes target.
Gosh, how convenient.

I said to a lot of potential Labour-voters before the mayoral election that he'd roll back from most of his campaigning positions and promises. This is one time I'm not pleased about being right.

I said to a lot of potential Labour-voters before the mayoral election that he'd roll back from most of his campaigning positions and promises. This is one time I'm not pleased about being right.
George Galloway predicted this as well - not that George Galloway would have been suitable instead.

Cycling home today I realised the real money is in the vast tracts of line between Kennington Road and the river. The council must own half of it and when you look at the value of the flats they are building as infill you realise it's worth billions now. Billions of billions maybe.

Explain? I'm not with you there.
Of land! Sorry, of land!

The land behind Vauxhall must be worth a fortune. Lambeth owns most (a lot?) of it, so why aren't they selling up and kicking everyone out. That's the obvious way to make money right now.

Of land! Sorry, of land!

The land behind Vauxhall must be worth a fortune. Lambeth owns most (a lot?) of it, so why aren't they selling up and kicking everyone out. That's the obvious way to make money right now.

If you mean the council estates, they can't just "kick everyone out" and "sell up". First they require a pretext for selling off social housing. That means that they have to find an excuse for "regeneration". The favoured tactic is to say that repairs/refurbishment is uneconomic, and that demolition will mean "new and better homes for Lambeth residents". They don't say which residents, though.

If you mean the council estates, they can't just "kick everyone out" and "sell up". First they require a pretext for selling off social housing. That means that they have to find an excuse for "regeneration". The favoured tactic is to say that repairs/refurbishment is uneconomic, and that demolition will mean "new and better homes for Lambeth residents". They don't say which residents, though.
No I get that. What I'm saying is: that's where the real money is. So when will it happen?

No I get that. What I'm saying is: that's where the real money is. So when will it happen?

It's already happening. 6 estates in Lambeth alone, around 60 across Greater London, about 20 done and dusted, and 100 in the pipeline thanks to Cameron's "demolish the sink estates" bushwah. Expand that across any city, town or village with social housing that sits on land with a good aspect and/or in an "expensive" neighbourhood, and there's fodder for a lot of fuckery.

I asked my Lambeth contact if they could tell me how much it will be costing Lambeth to appear at the event (incl staff wages, promotional material, renders/models/mock-ups, taxi fares etc) and what they hope to get out of the event.

Seeing as I was admonished for 'not checking the facts fully' with them about the hire price, I do hope they'll be replying soon.

Back
Top Bottom