Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kraftwerk - gig series (Feb 2013) @ Tate Modern

plurker

tú no tienes la culpa mi amor que el mundo sea feo
Info
This may well be amazing, but it's £60!! and I'm not convinced the acoustics in the Turbine Hall will be in any way good.

KRAFTWERK - THE CATALOGUE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 is a chronological exploration of the group’s sonic and visual experiments and presents eight classic master works from across their celebrated repertoire with spectacular 3D visualisations and effects.
Combining sound and images, the performances showcase nearly 40 years of musical and technical innovation, including new improvisations, 3D projections and animation.

Commencing with Autobahn, each night covers one of Kraftwerk’s groundbreaking studio albums in full and appear in order of their release — Autobahn (1974), Radio-Activity (1975), Trans Europe Express (1977), The Man-Machine (1978), Computer World (1981), Techno Pop (1986), The Mix (1991) and Tour de France (2003) — alongside additional compositions from their back-catalogue.

Yeah, I'm in 2 minds. I struggle with gigs that cost over £30...

apparently the laibach gig there earlier on in the year was brilliant, so it could work. still, it is 60 quid...

Yeah, I'm in 2 minds. I struggle with gigs that cost over £30...

Way I look at it is £30 is a decent meal out or a few pints down the pub with friends. Doesn't feel as steep if I justify it that way. I'd deff' go and see Kraftwerk.

Like the idea, but I fear the reality will fall far, far short of the experience I'd be hoping for.

Went to the website straight away to book for son and me ... and left again pretty sharpish. I cannot afford that. Or, I possibly could but am not willing to pay that much. Bloody thieving Germans! :mad:

I would go to The Mix if I was planning on going. It isn't my favourite of theirs, but it'll be better to dance to.

Missed out on their gig at the Manchester Velodrome last year (or year before?) through not knowing about it until a fortnight before, but by then, the tickets were £150 each on Gumtree etc. Apparently it was amazing.

Expect crazy tout prices for these new gigs.

Got my 4 tickets via phone :D

Tickets for Kraftwerk at Tate Modern

Kraftwerk at Tate Modern has just gone on sale and we are experiencing a phenomenal demand for tickets which is affecting our web server.

Please try to buy tickets online again later, or call 020 7887 4919 to join the telephone ticketing queue.

We have extra staff on hand today but demand is extremely high.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you, and hope you are successful in getting your tickets.

- Tate

Only seen them once at Tribal Gathering 1997 and they were good. I was a bit to merry to really appreciate them :facepalm:

If I had £60 then I would go see them. Although I get the feeling three £20 gigs would bring me more cheer.

so far I haven't heard anyone else manage to get a single ticket, out of about 30+ people trying.... I had 3 other people trying on my behalf and only 1 got through

it was so predictable that it would be almost impossible to get on the site to buy tickets due to demand, shame they didn't beef it up accordingly in advance

I've now redialled over 200 times and can't get through. Just as well I haven't got a job at the moment :D It was easier to get Glastonbury tickets than this :rolleyes:

I've just found a back door into the phone queue via someone on twitter - Try 0207 821 2950 instead. You have to go through a couple of menus but it does at least get you into the queue (worked 1st time for me). Now I just have to wait and see if a) it gets answered or b) whether there are any tickets actually left :D Apparently the wait if you get through is about 45 minutes at the moment...

Got a couple for Trans-Europe (my first choice). Never thought it was going to happen though, it took 3 hours of near constant speed dialing to get thru, and then 20 mins in the queue (lucky I didn't have to go to work this morning). I was cursing the Tate when I was trying to get connected, but I guess most people who got tix would be the ones who were prepared to persevere, and that will mainly be genuine fans.

Amazing how much more popular they seem to have got since the last time I saw em at Brixton about 7(?) yrs ago - it was easy getting tix for that, and they were only playing 2 shows, not 8!

I've just found a back door into the phone queue via someone on twitter - Try 0207 821 2950 instead. You have to go through a couple of menus but it does at least get you into the queue (worked 1st time for me). Now I just have to wait and see if a) it gets answered or b) whether there are any tickets actually left :D Apparently the wait if you get through is about 45 minutes at the moment...
Cool! I shall pass that on to Mr.QofG's as he is still trying too I think :)

Still

Just tried that number - disengaged signal - they must have cut it off...... Been trying to get through since this morning :(

Back
Top Bottom