Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Knight Rider - Ch 5

Mr Moose

What the hell are we supposed to tell the kids?
Watched this a couple of times taking it easy over the holiday with my 8yr old son who loves cars and robots and that sort of thing.

Bearing in mind this is set in the present I'd have thought a reasonable limit would be one huge technological leap. KITT has amazing disbelief-stretching AI. Surely that would provide sufficiency in the mind boggling dept? Particularly when you throw in some state of the art head up displays and 'smart' bodywork.

But this was apparently not enough. The car can also change shape transformer-like (into a SUV, or Jute).

But this wasn't enough either, the car can also create facsimiles of objects from nothing. So when shown a picture or a scan of an electronic key of another car it creates this in its glove compartment within a few seconds. Kind of 'Rendezvous with Rama' like.

It is also, most crazily, entrusted into the care of a load of bone crunchingly stupid young men and scantily dressed bimbos.

I'd like to say it was a hoot. But I had a disbelief fail and so did my son. Anyone else see it? Bring back the Hoff and his olde worlde charm.

I think people have already stopped watching. Expectation started at woefull and took a dive thereafter.

Anything with robots/AI should be fun. It's the 4th law.

Bearing in mind this is set in the present I'd have thought a reasonable limit would be one huge technological leap. KITT has amazing disbelief-stretching AI. Surely that would provide sufficiency in the mind boggling dept? Particularly when you throw in some state of the art head up displays and 'smart' bodywork.

But this was apparently not enough. The car can also change shape transformer-like (into a SUV, or Jute).

But this wasn't enough either, the car can also create facsimiles of objects from nothing. So when shown a picture or a scan of an electronic key of another car it creates this in its glove compartment within a few seconds. Kind of 'Rendezvous with Rama' like.

KITT always had a disbelief-stretching AI tho, this is not new. The nano-tech body covering (which also explains the cerate stuff in the glovebox thing) is the only addition to the technology line up in KITT. The HUD you can find in higher end BMWs and Mercs.

Doesn't stop it being shit, mind.

I think people have already stopped watching. Expectation started at woefull and took a dive thereafter.

My acquaintance fully qualified doctor friend relatively proximal associate housemate is hooked on this.

It's his latest fix, after running out of Merlin and Dexter :)

I saw a bit of it and was going to was going to turn off, then . . . . .

smith_cho-knight_rider-s01e03-01.jpg

. . . . but then the car changed into a plane or something and it was all a bit too silly and I couldn't watch it anymore.

Bring back auto man if you want to do that kind of unbelievable bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom