Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

kids and copenhagen

Rollem

two kinds of wonderful
we're off to copenhagen to visit friends in june.

we have already one day trip planned to tivoli, but anything else we should definately do with a couple of toddlers in tow?

:)

Rollem said:
we're off to copenhagen to visit friends in june.

we have already one day trip planned to tivoli, but anything else we should definately do with a couple of toddlers in tow?

:)

Legoland is in Jutland so probably not an option.
Bakken is good - Cheaper than Tivoli and you can take your own food in. It's in the middle of the woods which have Deers in and kids love that stuff I guess. It's a half hour train ride from Copenhagen.

http://www.bakken.dk/ Unfortunately the website is only in Danish. There is a sign that says they are working on getting other features on there (such as English translation).

The beach in Amager is free and cheap. A short metro ride. The water is fairly safe - it's a man made beach - albeit cold.
Getting around isn't a problem either. The trains are well designed and there are lifts so if you are laden with a pushchair its cool. Kids will love the metro too. Cos you can sit right up front - there is no driver and the tunnels are lit up.

The experimentarium in Hellerup (15 minutes by train) is good but may be for older kids. http://www.experimentarium.dk/uk/udstillinger/index.html
It's like a science museum.

There's plenty of parks and cafes are child friendly.

It's near Kolding on Jutland, and would take a half day to get to so unless you stay near there you'd find it hard going for a day from Copenhagen. I went to Legoland and Copenhagen when I was about 8 but my brothers were a lot younger (3-5). We all enjoyed Tivolli, they had a great merry-go-round you powered yourself, little bikes. Parents took us to Ribe, a historic town which looked nice but perhaps that's for older people. When we were younger we were satisfed with a nice park, swimming pool or beach, I think kids can be quite easy to please sometimes, we were mainly impressed, I remember, with the cheese slicing machine in the hotel.

Boris Sprinkler said:
The beach in Amager is free and cheap. A short metro ride. The water is fairly safe - it's a man made beach - albeit cold.
Getting around isn't a problem either. The trains are well designed and there are lifts so if you are laden with a pushchair its cool. Kids will love the metro too. Cos you can sit right up front - there is no driver and the tunnels are lit up.
sounds cool! wil add to our list, thanks!

Also, Tivoli is right bang in the middle of the city so it's not so much a day trip really.
Spent a surreal evening there once at an Aqua concert. The dodgems won the day!

Back
Top Bottom