Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

JSA when being made redundant question

Last time I was made redundant my redundancy money did not count towards my savings, but I paid off loans and some mortgage just in case. Praps it only starts to count after 6 months.

Hiya,

I'm very soon to be redundant and am told I can apply for JSA in advance (because I know the date I will be redundant from), however...

I can't see a way of doing this via their online form which assumes that I am either claiming retrospectively or am claiming from today and am unemployed today. I am redundant/unemployed from the middle of October.

Anyone point me in the right direction? In my 50's and have never applied for anything other than Child Benefit so a little lost. Had assumed that the online journey was going to easy.
Just did this.

Did my JSA post redundancy. All good no questions asked re payout. Interview in the morning money in the account in the afternoon, full backpaid minus 7 days

I'm quite ill too so I may also try the ESA route if anyone has any input on that or can point me at another thread(s).
It is adding to my current levels of anxiety a great deal, unfortunately. :(
This thread is good for advice about filling in forms and the assessment process if you end up applying for ESA.

Depending on how your illness affects you, you may also be eligible for PIP (personal independence payment) assuming you aren't already getting that - unlike ESA it's not means-tested or related to your current employment status.

Back
Top Bottom