Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is anyone going to WOMAD 2014

wiskey

Albatross Admirer
I'm going as a +1. Although I've been many times and I like it I haven't been for 5 years or so. It's easy enough to find something good to listen to at least .... I'm just worried I'll be a bit bored with two kids and no one to talk to.

I'm thinking I won't even bother to camp, just drive up for the afternoon each day.

Is anyone else going?

ETA: I don't seem to be able to edit the title sorry.

I haven't been since 2008 and would love to go back sometime, but it won't be this year as it's the weekend after Beat-Herder and I'm trying to avoid doing festivals back to back these days. I do know a couple of people who are going but I doubt you know them Jen.

I know Real Life people who are going but I don't think I want to spend the whole time with them.

Definitely veering towards driving up each day... Which will be novel!

I'm sure that they do, and will continue to, Wiskey, I wasn't expecting anyone to take me seriously.
You are right, it's just not the festival for me. Luckily, we have a broad choice of festies. Drugs are not compulsory, but some of us find them a lot of fun from time to time

I've had very good times at WOMAD in the past, the choice of music can be cracking. Just became too expensive for us and we preferred to go for other fests. Glad to hear you enjoyed it wiskey anyway.

heard some on radio 3 - did u catch mulatu astake?

Not that I'm aware of... Highlights of the weekend included Manu Dibango, Kobo Town, Richard Thompson, Anna Cinzia Village, Fat Freddies Drop and the Beatbox Orchestra... But I wandered past a wonderful collection of people and sounds.

Having not been for a few years I'd forgotten what an amazing site it is, how diverse the people (age, ability, race language) are and how great the music is.

I'd also forgotten it's like being in an oven :oops: oppressive heat for most of the weekend was energy sapping.

Back
Top Bottom