Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Indoor outdoor cats

Is that supposed to be some sort of apology for being nasty to me about my expectations that I would like my cat to continue living, when I was stressed?
Because it's not really doing the job for me tbh.

Last edited:
And the reduced expected lifespan for an outdoor cat is a statistical average based on the increased likelihood of getting run over by a vehicle, or in a fight with wildlife or another cat and getting an infection (the latter chance reduced by neutering and vaccinations) - a cat that has lived outdoors but had made it to old age without contracting FIV or FeLV and is now indoors will have the same ongoing life expectancy as a cat that has always been indoors.

Last edited:
Ok I'm sorry. x

Not taking the piss, but are you a pool or snooker player?

I only ask because there was an Epona on an online game thingy I used to play. realise it's a goddess reference so probably not.

And the reduced expected lifespan for an outdoor cat is a statistical average based on the increased likelihood of getting run over by a vehicle, or in a fight with wildlife or another cat and getting an infection (the latter chance reduced by neutering and vaccinations) - a cat that has lived outdoors but had made it to old age without contracting FIV or FeLV and is now indoors will have the same ongoing life expectancy as a cat that has always been indoors.
I would suspect so , it;s one of those things like (human) "life expectancy in <historical period> was X" where X is a figure somewhere between 30 and 50 , which ignores that if you survive shocking infant mortality, war , pestilence etc you are likely to get your three score years and ten and probably a bit more

Last edited:
Ok I'm sorry. x

Not taking the piss, but are you a pool or snooker player?

I only ask because there was an Epona on an online game thingy I used to play. realise it's a goddess reference so probably not.
I appreciate the apology, thank you :)

That wasn't me, I think it's quite a popular name.
I do play pool though :D

Back
Top Bottom