Incredible Soviet Brutalist Architecture

editor

hiraethified
There's some stunning buildings here:

1-99.jpg

2-84.jpg

5-70.jpg

Soviet Brutalist Architecture Photographed By Frederic Chaubin

You made me buy that, you bastard! (And at the wrong time of the month. When the bairns are greeting for a meal, I'll tell them where to visit their anguish).
its nice to see that those ones have largely conformed to the orthodox definition of the word 'shelter' rather than our wonderful late capitalist british bus stops which balance the needs of keeping people slightly out of the wind with the need to make sure homeless people don't get to sleep there. Benches at an angle and just narrow enough for an arse, not a back at all. Gaps between the three walls so the wind can whistle in and make it pointless to try and kip there. Cunts.

The second bus stop pictured - am I somehow reading the picture wrongly, or does it really have a notice (perhaps a timetable) stuck on it in a position too high for anyone to read? Weird.

Revolving resturants were a big thing in the ex-Eblokker and related countries. The standard tour groups to Pyongyang always have a meal of barbequed bloody raw duck in a revolving resturant. In a city with no electricity at night

If no electricity, how does it revolve? Then again, with no electricity, perhaps no-one can see that the duck is raw, but I can't decide whether that makes it better or worse.

Back
Top Bottom