Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hybrid bike recommendations

The electric is tempting me but I fear it would not help my weight control, which is one of the main reasons I ride a bike
I worried about that, too, but it's turned out to mean that I can go on more challenging rides without worrying that I'm going to get into too much difficulty.

So I usually have it off (fnar), or on the lowest on setting, and only ramp it up if I really need to. It's great :)

I had my first ride on my new bike today. It’s so smooth. Although it’s been decades since I rode regularly I picked it up quick.
I’m hoping to avoid covid via this cycle plus get fit and get about quick. View attachment 283456
Oh wow that looks amazing! I’m very jealous. It’s so smart and black and shiny :cool: How many gears does it have? (I’m struggling with my gears rn, I seem to have gone down to three).

From what Edie described elsewhere it just sounds like the limit screws on the derailleurs need a bit of a tweak…
In my experience it's almost never that the limit screws need a bit of a tweak. More likely a seized or bent derailleur, stretched or corroded or damaged cables.

I remember well buying a new cycle for fifty quid to attend an urban hedge party in 2004/5. Toys r us. It was cheaper than a cab. It got nicked. It was also tiny.

I’m more tired than before. I’m hoping to go for a 12 mile tomorrow. Heading to a roast.

I got a Giant Escape 2 City Disc just before the pandemic for £499. It was a bit of a distress purchase as I needed a bike that day after my previous one got nicked, but it's been great. Seems they're going for £649 now though.

Last edited:
I got a Giant Escape 2 City Disc just before the pandemic for £499. It was a bit of a distress purchases as I needed a bike that day after my previous one got nicked, but it's been great. Seems they're going for £649 now though.
oooh, that looks nice. I think it might be a new version of what a friend had a few years back. Bit too pricey but ta :)

Back
Top Bottom