Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 11.1%

Votes: 2 11.1%

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
I 5hink this is the official site

Can't wait for the Olympics as big athletics fan and also watch many other sports come the games.

UK Sport are targeting 50-70 medals and top 5 in the medals table again. The record is 67 from Rio, I think we could break that. Even if we don't, I'd be happy if it was closer to the 50 mark but some of our stars won Gold.

I've voted for 60 :)

Can't wait for the Olympics as big athletics fan and also watch many other sports come the games.

UK Sport are targeting 50-70 medals and top 5 in the medals table again. The record is 67 from Rio, I think we could break that. Even if we don't, I'd be happy if it was closer to the 50 mark but some of our stars won Gold.

I've voted for 60 :)
The record is actually 146 from London 1908. ;) I'm going for 65. Mid 60s seems to be around the average, these days.

Sorry to shit on the thread but if there's one thing I could care less about at the Olympics it's the national medal table.... Completely against the spirit of the thing IMO. BBC obsessed over it

France actually have 13 golds too, 6 more medals than us overall.

So either two more golds, or one more gold and a bunch of silver and bronzes, could see us get to third... :hmm:

Australia three golds above us now. Didn't help them winning the sailing just now and Beckett blowing his medal chance in it. There's a GB v Aus gold medal race in the cycling tonight, really need to win that one.

France's decisive gold in the volleyball takes them above us.

Lots of medals going around today, so top 10 could be shuffling round a fair bit.

SmartSelect_20240810_133400_BBC Sport.jpg

Sort of a battle between the top two and then a separate one for the other eight, though...

The record is actually 146 from London 1908. ;) I'm going for 65. Mid 60s seems to be around the average, these days.
And that's the last of our medals, finishing on, ahem 65 medals. goes into smug mode :D
smug-topgear.gif

So has anyone done a medal table for population millions per medal won? I guess GB measures up pretty well on that scale, better than India and China anyway.

So has anyone done a medal table for population millions per medal won? I guess GB measures up pretty well on that scale, better than India and China anyway.
Only top 10 so doesn't include UK but Australia, New Zealand and Hungary manage to get up amongst the ranks of sporty small island nations.

Back
Top Bottom