Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hendon v Dulwich Hamlet - Tues 22nd February 2022

HFCJohn

Hello!

I know you probably have much bigger fish to fry right now than a London Senior Cup 1/4 final, but I thought I'd drop a little note in here about our impending - erm - London Senior Cup 1/4 final next week.

It's no exaggeration to say that this will be the biggest meeting between my club and yours since, probably, the last time we met. But thankfully, I can't remember that scorching hot afternoon at Tooting when we were defeated on penalties and I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed, and you went up and never looked back, so we're all good.

TIckets are a touch cheaper than usual. Online sales are open at the below link priced at £6.50 for adults and concessions, with Under-18s at £1. I have to warn you, we will rip you off if you choose to pay on the day by adding an extra 50p to adult and concession admission on the gate. We are unashamed corporate whores.

Hendon v Dulwich tickets

Those looking for a decent pint outside the ground should go to The Midland next to Hendon Thameslink, or - if you can bear entering a Wetherspoons (not for me, personally), you can do a minute from Kingsbury on the Jubilee Line. Pickings are otherwise a little on the slim side, although in the ground there'll be a selection of bottled ales and (if I can swing it as club sec) a box or two of something from Tring Brewery.

Any questions at all, happy to answer in this thread.

It'd be really lovely to renew acquaintances with as many of you that are able to make it up the Thameslink network. Every time I've been back to watch Dulwich since our 'Vietnam', I've been ever so warmly welcomed.

I know you probably have much bigger fish to fry right now than a London Senior Cup 1/4 final,
It will be a nice relief from our current mid-season league slump. Lots of supporters would like to see us take cup comps a little more seriously. It's realistically our only chance of some silverware this season so let's hope our manager gives it due importance, but I won't hold my breath.

I've not forgotten the goodwill from Hendon when we were in dire times and they contributed a portion of the bar takings to our fighting fund a few years ago.

The easiest way from south London is to take the Thameslink to Hendon mainline station (not underground). Unfortunately, it seems that the pub next to it has shut recently. You can then walk from the station to the ground, via a shortcut to the south-east corner of the ground. Take a right straight after a narrow bridge on Cool Oak Lane, follow the lake and then take a left across some football pitches. The turning is here. The route can be muddy though, so don't wear sandals!

Hope their floodlights have improved, I could hardly see the other end last time I went. The outch was a sea of rubber pellets too. Nice bar though.

Just reading on twitter about shocking mugging of dulwich programmes seller wish him all the best quite happy like most dulwich fans to give him a collection for his loses wish him all the best

Just reading on twitter about shocking mugging of dulwich programmes seller wish him all the best quite happy like most dulwich fans to give him a collection for his loses wish him all the best

This is a good idea. Can any collection be made a Go Fund Me so we can all donate

Lost 4-3 on penalties. McGregor, Dayton and Sekajia scored, Allassani and Kandi didn't. Oh well, concentrate on the league again. Would have been nice to see a cup semi though in this most winnable of competitions.

Frustrating. Outplayed and outclassed by a mid-table team in the league below. If it wasn't for Grainger we could have been 3 or 4 down by half time. Free kick for our second was incredible. Prayed for a winner partly to shut those bellends behind us up.

Frustrating. Outplayed and outclassed by a mid-table team in the league below. If it wasn't for Grainger we could have been 3 or 4 down by half time. Free kick for our second was incredible. Prayed for a winner partly to shut those bellends behind us up.
Accurately describes them! By the way, cracking job on the programme by the Hendon boys, loads of interesting facts and an awful lot of information about Dulwich, including some photos from the past of Champion Hill. We didn't at any point deserve to win that, and Charlie was immense, the Hendon fans at half time were very impressed with him. I hope they go on to win it, I never realised how much it is actually their cup - obviously I am an expert on it now having read the programme.

Back
Top Bottom