Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Help Needed

Joe Chi Min

Eco-Zealot
Banned
Hi,

My Dad is on the way out.

I had my passport and all cards and £1600 nicked in Australia 4 years ago and the account was frozen cos the thieves were obviously trying to order stuff online with it.

I’m flying back to the UK tomorrow for 10 days and I can’t book any hotels.

Can somebody help me, please. Advice or whatever…

I’m sorry to ask

E26CBA4E-820B-4728-BFFD-C1CA3FB56F27.jpeg
3CC7E16A-CDD2-4273-AC56-A6E481D02A1E.jpeg
B969D76C-620B-42F4-9B4B-3F83FB9F572D.jpeg
2F4E2A49-1DB6-423B-AF0D-D6142E33F009.jpeg

Could you try setting up something like Revolut, assuming you have some money in an account somewhere in the world that you could transfer and aren't completely cash only? I guess it would depend on whether you still "exist" here on paper enough to pass whatever ID/credit checks they do, but when I applied for different travel-money-emergency reasons I got given card details that I could use online or load onto my phone for contactless payments immediately, no wait at all, plus a physical version of the same card that arrived in the post a few days later.

Could you try setting up something like Revolut, assuming you have some money in an account somewhere in the world that you could transfer and aren't completely cash only? I guess it would depend on whether you still "exist" here on paper enough to pass whatever ID/credit checks they do, but when I applied for different travel-money-emergency reasons I got given card details that I could use online or load onto my phone for contactless payments immediately, no wait at all, plus a physical version of the same card that arrived in the post a few days later.

I have no postal address of which to use. My correspondence address was my Nan’s but she’s got dementia now and also her daughter (my Mum’s sister through adoption, my Mum was adopted) aint so keen on seeing me what with me outing her two sons for SA of me and my sister when we were kids.

Mum is out of the question too cos when her racist abusive violent husband (my step-dad) died I put ‘I hear hell is pretty hot this time of year’ under his stoopid fb obituary.

No other fammo of which to speak of.

Hello Joe.

Don't book Britannia Hotels, they are shit beyond words; worse than Pontins.

You can just turn up at a hotel and pay cash. I can make reservations at places for you if you wish with no cards needed and you can pay cash.

Also consider a pre-loaded Visa card, would be useful for you.

Hello Joe.

You can just turn up at a hotel and pay cash. I can make reservations at places for you if you wish with no cards needed and you can pay cash.

You've elevated yourself to something else (can't decide what) with that reply.

Fair play.

Hello Joe.

Cheers man. Seriously.

Might have to send you a message on Wednesday if the hotel I’m (tentatively) booked-in at are being problematic

Sorry to hear about your dad
In your circumstances I’d book a hotel on your wife’s card and turn up with cash to pay the incidental extras. Or otherwise book an Airbnb

Back
Top Bottom