Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Help me decide where I go in May/June (European cities).

Where should I go?

• Total voters

Johnny Vodka

The Abominable Scotsman
So I've been looking around and came up with this shortlist of destinations. I've been to the 'dam a number of times before, but it's been a while and a return is definitely required sometime soon. Anyway, where would you pick out of the cities mentioned and why? I'll be travelling on my tobler, if it matters.

Go to Seville you won't regret it. One of the best cities in Europe fo sho.

Malaga/Granada/Cadiz/Cordoba also excellent options if you have more time.

You might quite like Kiev too if you want sthing different... meant to be fun.

I liked Utrecht (near as dammit to Amsterdam :) ) for a bit of a wander round. Eindhoven too, Wilhelminaplein was ace of a Friday/Saturday night although that was admittedly 30 years ago.

Hire a car and take a trip around West Cork and Kerry. Stay overnight in Portmagee or Valentia Island and take one of the small ferries over to the Skelligs.

Beautiful part of the world.

I liked Utrecht (near as dammit to Amsterdam :) ) for a bit of a wander round. Eindhoven too, Wilhelminaplein was ace of a Friday/Saturday night although that was admittedly 30 years ago.

I've been to the dam 5 times before, but there's still loads of things I haven't done. Would be cool to do a trip out of there sometime.

Why not? I've never been but I've literally (like an hour ago) just booked 3 nights there for April. I know its expensive, that's why I've never been before, but it looks beautiful. Why didn't you enjoy it?

Cold, expensive, saw people shooting up in the open. Was a long time ago though.

While I've been to Amsterdam - for the art - and I'm sure I'd love Bologna, the only one on your list that's on MY list of places to visit one day is Bergen. Just looks beautiful, the houses, the freshness...

I chose Bologna because I went there in 2018 and loved it. Good food, good walking. Didn't like Copenhagen.
Why not? I've never been but I've literally (like an hour ago) just booked 3 nights there for April. I know its expensive, that's why I've never been before, but it looks beautiful. Why didn't you enjoy it?

Went to Copenhagen two years ago and loved it. It was big, it was open, safe and clean. Felt a very cool place.
Some good museums, places to visit, great bars and restaurants at Nyhavn, Tivoli Gardens, Etc.
I might even consider going back there and rarely go back to a places for seconds. If I did, I suspect I would spend
much time here Warpigs , it rocks :thumbs:

There is of course the dry ski slope in Copenhagen, not sure if it is open yet.
The Round Tower also has good views.
This is narrow, very narrow right at the top (you walk up the outside of the steeple :eek:) Long queues for it and you can see the huge bridge to Sweden from the top.
1582216063198.png

Back
Top Bottom