Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Has google recently become stuffed full of ads or is it me

rubbershoes

not the only raver in the village
In the last few weeks ( or is it months) the first search results for anything at all are temu, , and other sites i don't want to look at.

I can't to any information at all without scrolling past all the adverts

Is this what google is now?

Not noticed anything different myself. Is this on a pc or phone?

Are you sure you definately are on google? I've seen pc's with malware on them replace google with a fake "google" page with ads before.

Not noticed anything different myself. Is this on a pc or phone?

Are you sure you definately are on google? I've seen pc's with malware on them replace google with a fake "google" page with ads before.

Both on phone and pc.

I'm not seeing any more ads than normal on main google search page. There have always been "sponsered links" appearing before the "organic search results" but i'm not seeing more than normal. Maybe it is certain search terms people are looking for?

Or maybe they are rolling out changes to users gradually (based on cookies) that i haven't seen yet?

You tube (owned by google) does have a lot more ads though.

I haven't noticed anything different but I use Brave as my main browser on most devices now plus dalliances with DuckDuckGo, Safari, and Edge. I no longer use Chrome.

I have stuff like Ad Block plus and Nord VPN installed on my laptops and phones - dunno if they make a difference to this kind of thing. I suppose they must.

Back
Top Bottom