Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Has anyone been to Georgia?

winterinmoscow

Returning Poster
The country that neighbours Russia and several others, not the US state!

Is the food really as amazing as I hear? I'm starting to think I'd like to go there...

no, but im off in October - georgia vs. scotland - austrian airlines fly there - into Baku , up to Tbilisi on the sleeper then a day in armeina and nagorno Karabach:eek: ( yes, I am a sad conflict tourist )

maybe via tehran into Baku, depeinding on visa situation - b ut I can get a visa form my employer, as weve got an office in tehran to invite me in

winterinmoscow said:
The country that neighbours Russia and several others, not the US state!

Is the food really as amazing as I hear? I'm starting to think I'd like to go there...

Wine!

along with Moldova, its has some fantastic fruity reds....

glug glug glug glug

Tblisisi is a nice place, very gothic looking and yes the food is excellent, Katchapuri is a really nice cheese bread pizza thing and the meats are nice and spicy.
The wine is espcially mint and you can buy it in plastic jerry cans if the need takes you.
Its a good place worth a look around, locals are nice but after dark its the usual precautions. Have fun!

Image:Georgiamountains1.jpg

Some lovely pics of georgia onthe wikipedia page... saw them when researching a eurovision quiz lat week :oops: .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Georgiamountains1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom