Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Has anybody been on the Work and Health Programme? WHP

SOS

It's the replacement for the Work Programme. Up until this year it's been mainly voluntary, but now anyone who racks up 24 months of being unemployed will be sent onto it for 15 months.

Work periods while unemployed don't stop the clock, unless they are at least 13 weeks, I believe.

Anyone have any more info?

I was given a referral to that - I was stressed and had been waiting ages for my appointment to sort out a UC claim, and was absolutely desperate for a piss - like on the verge of pissing myself - so was distracted and fidgety (well kind of rocking back and forth and groaning and rolling my eyes) so I think they thought I had some really serious issues and referred me right away because they said "they will be more able to help you than I can" - I thanked him and bolted down the stairs to the loo on the ground floor and just about made it.

I didn't, however, make it to the WHP appointment - OH got work, I got work (neither of us in permanent full time employment mind you, he is casual/zero hours contract with a hospitality agency, I went self-employed and now do painting & decorating) so it didn't actually get any further than that.

i am awaiting a phone call from work and heath program, Reed, its supposed to be voluntary , should i go does any one know how many days a week you need to addend,

ive had the phone call, when asked how many days do i attend he said one or two a week, i said i wont be doing any work trials, he said its part of the program but they are only 2 day work trials.
he was very assertive on the phone sounded like a copper, he said you have been referred from the job center , i reminded him it was voluntary ,then he started speaking nicely. so i have an interview with them next week,

There are some odd and unfair things that go on.

When my husband and I signed on briefly earlier this year, I was referred to WHP, and he was sent on a compulsory CSCS course to get his card so he could work in construction. No offence but he is physically disabled and is never going to work in construction. I was never offered the course, yet I actually need to get the certificate for some of the work I do. The difference between what we were offered at the job centre seems to come down to the fact that I had tits so wasn't offered useful training for free. So now I have to pay to do the exam that he was forced to do but was ultimately worthless for him to have. I on the other hand need that certificate, but wasn't offered that.

When my husband and I signed on briefly earlier this year, I was referred to WHP, and he was sent on a compulsory CSCS course to get his card so he could work in construction. No offence but he is physically disabled and is never going to work in construction. I was never offered the course, yet I actually need to get the certificate for some of the work I do. The difference between what we were offered at the job centre seems to come down to the fact that I had tits so wasn't offered useful training for free. So now I have to pay to do the exam that he was forced to do but was ultimately worthless for him to have. I on the other hand need that certificate, but wasn't offered that.

Is the exam expensive? The course providers probably get paid way more than the cost of the exam just to provide a booklet and a room :(

Is the exam expensive? The course providers probably get paid way more than the cost of the exam just to provide a booklet and a room :(

The exam is £25-30 - it is more the principle of the thing (men have to do it regardless of their physical abilities, women aren't even offered it) that I object to. My husband was sent on a 2 week *compulsory* course for something he couldn't really use. I wasn't even offered the course yet it would have been useful to me.

(Just to be clear, I am referring to CSCS accreditation in the above post).

Last edited:
i already have a cscs card never used it and never will as i health problems,im 62, just want to retire,. just thought this WHP might work in my favor if they leave me alone to do my own job-search and occasional interview skill rubbish,

:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom