Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamlet Women v Dorking, Sunday 7 April, 2pm

Alex W

A potentially pivotal day for the Hamlet - if we win and Fulham beat Dartford at Craven Cottage, we could finish the day all-but-mathematically champions.

There could be some interesting scenes in the bar after the game as the Fulham result comes through...

This is still a potential banana skin though. Dorking have had mixed results this season, but have shown they can be difficult for the top sides to beat, and no doubt the Hamlet will be mentally and physically drained after Wednesday's drama.

Hopefully the extra buzz and hype around the team will lead to another big crowd and electric atmosphere.

A potentially pivotal day for the Hamlet - if we win and Fulham beat Dartford at Craven Cottage, we could finish the day all-but-mathematically champions.

This would give us a three point lead with three games to go? I recognise two of those games are against the bottom two, but Enfield Town have five games in hand, so are possibly in a false position. It's a bit of a stretch to say mathematically champions when we still have three matches to go! If it was just a massive goal difference swing at hand, then fair enough, but it's not!

There could be some interesting scenes in the bar after the game as the Fulham result comes through...

Even if both those results come in, we would still need 6 points from our last 3 games. (Or 7 if Dartford were somehow able to overturn our goal difference advantage. Their final game is against Crawley, who recently lost 15-0 to Fulham.)

It will give us some margin for error if we've opened up a bigger gap, but anyone who suggests we could be "all but mathematically champions" by Sunday evening may well be doing someone else's pre-match team talk for them. (Imagine if the boot was on the other foot and someone at Dartford said that?)

Furthermore, both Hamlet and Fulham put in a huge physical effort on Wednesday evening, which must also have been mentally exhausting. Both teams will do well to reach that level again within 4 days, especially Fulham in the knowledge they no longer have a realistic chance of promotion. I for one will settle for Ryan and the players getting their own preparations and focus right to bag another 3 points and take it from there.

Even if both those results come in, we would still need 6 points from our last 3 games. (Or 7 if Dartford were somehow able to overturn our goal difference advantage. Their final game is against Crawley, who recently lost 15-0 to Fulham.)

It will give us some margin for error if we've opened up a bigger gap, but anyone who suggests we could be "all but mathematically champions" by Sunday evening may well be doing someone else's pre-match team talk for them. (Imagine if the boot was on the other foot and someone at Dartford said that?)

Furthermore, both Hamlet and Fulham put in a huge physical effort on Wednesday evening, which must also have been mentally exhausting. Both teams will do well to reach that level again within 4 days, especially Fulham in the knowledge they no longer have a realistic chance of promotion. I for one will settle for Ryan and the players getting their own preparations and focus right to bag another 3 points and take it from there.
Normally I'd be inclined to agree with you, but given how easily this Hamlet team seem to sweep away the weaker teams in this division, it would be a spectacular upset if Crawley or Enfield were able to come away with any points.

Perhaps you're right and I'm underestimating Enfield. Time will tell.

Just incredibly wonderful to watch an attacking and winning football team amongst a crowd of brilliantly funny people without a single person acting like a bellend.

This is what it should always be like isn't it?
It was fantastic. Love bringing the kids down and gradually forcing more and more mates to the games

Bring on Enfield!

IMG_1392.jpegWe can dream…
That said Peckham Town Women finished runners up in our division and have a league cup quarter final on Saturday.

Here's some pics from that page:

In photos: Peckham Town Women go top of the table after impressive 2-1 win over Dorking, Sun 7th April 2023

In photos: Peckham Town Women go top of the table after impressive 2-1 win over Dorking, Sun 7th April 2023

More here: In photos: Dulwich Hamlet Women go top of the table after impressive 2-1 win over Dorking Wanderers, Sun 7th April 2023

Last edited:
Well if there’s ever someone around to do a report on a Peckham Town women’s game you know where we are. Might tempt fate though to send LiamA to photograph the game as last he was there I scored my only goal in this league, only for that to escape his eagle lens then for it to be chalked off after the opposition withdrew from the league. 😭

Back
Top Bottom