More Hamburg photos:

hamburg-germany-photos-01.jpg

hamburg-germany-photos-05.jpg

hamburg-germany-photos-18.jpg

hamburg-germany-photos-24.jpg

hamburg-germany-photos-29.jpg

hamburg-germany-photos-53.jpg

hamburg-germany-photos-70.jpg

Hamburg photos: street art, graffiti, night scenes, the docks and The Monochrome Set

What is that big brutal concrete block building in St. Pauli? I think it's flats now but was that the original purpose?

We're going to Hamburg for the weekend soon....any up to date recommendations on where to eat and drink? What to do in general? We're going to base ourselves in St Pauli.

Some great suggestions on this thread already of course.

Off to meet a friend from Berlin who's in a bit in need right now, in Hamburg to get her the hell out of there for a few days. Any ideas of where to stay (dog friendly)?

Last edited:
Its got a very alternative side so anywhere in the crusty lefty area is bound to be dog welcoming and or worshiping. ;)

You could also ring hostels and check or filter on airbnb mebe. Hamburg is a great city will be a lovely break for sure. Enjoy!!

Fun fact I changed a 500€ note there in a bank, just walked in and the cashier didnt even bat an eyelid or ask me any questions. Just "notes of 100€ or 50€ for you sir?"

Its got a very alternative side so anywhere in the crusty lefty area is bound to be dog welcoming and or worshiping. ;)

You could also ring hostels and check or filter on airbnb mebe. Hamburg is a great city will be a lovely break for sure. Enjoy!!

Fun fact I changed a 500€ note there in a bank, just walked in and the cashier didnt even bat an eyelid or ask me any questions.

Ok, which is the crusty lefty area? coz that sound like our kinda plan.

The lefty area is the Schanzenstern (metro stop Sternschanze). There's lots and lots of nice bars and restaurants around there, too - I can't remember the names of any specific ones but I'd just walk around and see which one appeals to you.

Back
Top Bottom