Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gushy EDM YouTuber accidentally watches Aphex Twin at Coachella

I've skipped through it a bit and couldn't find where she's on about it.

So, er...what about the fact she didn't like it?

ETA actually she doesn't even say she didn't like it, only gave the impression she found it weird and a bit scary. Which tbh some of AT stuff is.

Last edited:
But what IS the point of the OP? That a young woman hasn't heard of Aphex Twin and should (why?) or her reaction to it, the words she used, etc. Is it funny, or tragic?

Or rather what does editor think?
Along with others online, I found her reaction mildly amusing and I also find the whole YouTubing 'personality' thing interesting and maybe worth a thread, but it's really no big deal.

Threads of no interest to me get started every day, but I don't often feel the need to post on them repeatedly, if ever.

Like at first, I was like, yeah, and then like later, I was like, naa.

Aphex Twin not mor edm shocker.

Along with others online, I found her reaction mildly amusing and I also find the whole YouTubing 'personality' thing interesting and maybe worth a thread, but it's really no big deal.

Threads of no interest to me get started every day, but I don't often feel the need to post on them repeatedly, if ever.
I didn't say it wasn't interesting. I found what she said interesting enough to skim through tbh. I don't post on threads I don't find interesting. There are thousands. I tend to mention why I start them on the rare occasions I do, though, that's all.

A thread about YouTubers in general could be very interesting indeed. Hope you start one.

The most impressive thing about it is that someone can actually talk for that long about anything on a video, let alone a festival. *old*

All I can hear is neeer neeeeear neeear neeear neeeaaar in a whiney American accent.

I can't even tell what she's going on about.

No.

</old>

I'm not sure I would like to accidentally walk into an aphex twin gig while on acid myself, tbh.

I've done this (festival, can't remember where) and it wasn't Aphex Twin who wigged me out as much as the batshit crazy dancing of his fans who made Bez look like a member of the Bolshoi ballet.

I've done this (festival, can't remember where) and it wasn't Aphex Twin who wigged me out as much as the batshit crazy dancing of his fans who made Bez look like a member of the Bolshoi ballet.

Really it's more that I don't like acid rather than that I don't like Aphex Twin. I don't really think anything even slightly stimulating is good for me on acid. At least it wouldn't be Squarepusher.

The only possible circumstances I'd take acid now would be to go to a gig tbh (though probs not apex twin, it was far too crowded last time I saw him)

Why do they edit like that, these YT influencers. The choppy jarring thing? For some effect or because they can’t speak more than a few sentences at a time?

The girl in the video reminds me of one of my nieces, I love her. The Aphex Twin set was the bollox, could listen to it/it’s like forever. The idea of Investing in an LSD trip now puts the fear of god into me.

Back
Top Bottom