Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gulf Seafood deformities alarm scientists

xes

F.O.A.D
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2012/04/201241682318260912.html

Dr Cowan, with Louisiana State University's Department of Oceanography and Coastal Sciences started hearing about fish with sores and lesions from fishermen in November 2010.
Cowan's findings replicate those of others living along vast areas of the Gulf Coast that have been impacted by BP's oil and dispersants.
Gulf of Mexico fishermen, scientists and seafood processors have told Al Jazeera they are finding disturbing numbers of mutated shrimp, crab and fish that they believe are deformed by chemicals released during BP's 2010 oil disaster.
Along with collapsing fisheries, signs of malignant impact on the regional ecosystem are ominous: horribly mutated shrimp, fish with oozing sores, underdeveloped blue crabs lacking claws, eyeless crabs and shrimp - and interviewees' fingers point towards BP's oil pollution disaster as being the cause.
I bet these crabs and shrimp taste sooo nice. I might even have to give up eating fish, unless I can be certain that it hasn't come from this part of the world. Fuck eating stuff which has been mutated by corexit.

But still, BP are very very sorry, and that makes it all ok. :mad:

I've never really eaten shrimp or crab. So I could do I suppose. But I'll still have to make sure that it didn't come from this poisoned part of the ocean.

Shrimping industry in the gulf has been shut down
http://enenews.com/state-officials-...a-attributes-closure-to-lesions-then-retracts

Alarmed by widespread reports of visibly sick, deformed seafood coming out of the Gulf of Mexico, state officials have closed area waters to shrimping this morning (April 23). The waters will be closed indefinitely as scientists run tests in an effort to get a handle on a situation that is fast becoming a full-blown crisis on the Gulf Coast.
The closures – including all waters in the Mississippi Sound, Mobile Bay, areas of Bon Secour, Wolf Bay and Little Lagoon – mark the first official step in responding to increasingly urgent reports from fishermen and scientists of grotesquely disfigured seafood from Louisiana to the Florida panhandle.
[...] I am deeply saddened but not surprised by the shrimping closures. I applaud the courageous move by state officials to put consumer safety first. There’s no doubt in my mind – as I’ve said for months on end – that seafood coming out of the Gulf of Mexico is unfit for human consumption. [...]​

blinky.jpg

:(
awful. this is not going to be good for the economy

this comment (the second one) made me laugh though

• mamasorus smith
      1 month ago in reply to f f
      Yea, it's the ole sweep it under the rug type of deal except now it's not out of sight because mutated fish are spawning at alarming rates. IMO Men can have all the plans they want to but God's plan is bigger. Whether you believe in God or not is your choice and I for one do and always will. And I for one hope that all those that spread lies, kill innocent and steal live like kings on this earth because come Judgement Day their punishment will be so severe that even the demons already there will consider it a record.
      (Edited by author 1 month ago)
      Flag

• A pity God couldn't...oh, you know, prevent the oil spill in the first place. Whats the point of being an all powerful space wizard, if you're never going to lift a finger to help anyone, and just get credit for the things humans manage to figure out for themselves? Kinda weird...almost like he doesn't exist, or something.​

and we've also got corexit turning up in pelecan eggs and fuck knows what else :( Messing up turtles shells and making them soft, sores on seals and crabs and fish. It's almost like they never gave a fuck in the first place, and tried to dump as much shit in the sea to pretend to care. Scum cunts.

(and the tuna thing was a Fukishima thing)

Back
Top Bottom