Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Guilty Song Pleasures?

Cpatain Rbubish

Well-Known Monster!
R.I.P.
I know it's been done a few times before (but not for a while), and I couldn't choose a thread resurrect so here it is again...

1. Hey Gyp (Dig the Slowness) - Donovan :oops:

Fuck guilt. I like what I like, and woe betide anyone tells me what to like and not like.

Last edited:
I also own this...

album-the-partridge-family-shopping-bag.jpg

il_340x270.602171545_60t0.jpg

With the plastic shopping bag inside. I've never played it but couldn't resist this artefact of of pop cheese when I came across it in a charity shop :rolleyes:

I was going to come on here and say how as I get older I feel less and less like there's anything to be 'guilty' about for liking anything I like. I know I like some things that are generally considered cool, and many that are not, and I don't really care.

But LMFAO may be the exception that proves the rule. Do you listen to the Bugle, by any chance?

I should qualify the OP, it's just a turn of phrase. There's no real guilt in liking what you like.

However, I do find in amusing when peeps air the 'skeletons' in their music collections as I do revealing some of mine! :D

How on Earth does any Bob Marley song qualify as a guilty pleasure?
Anyway, mine:

'Summer of '69' by Bryan Adams
'In Da Club' - 50 Cent

I'm sure there are some others I can't think of. Shouldn't there be a no quoting policy on this thread, like on nekkid? :D

Stayin' alive is a stone cold classic. Guilty pleasure is surely owning up to liking things like the afore-mentioned Black Lace or Terry Wogan or Phil Collins or something.

This song is brilliant in that in transports me back to the early 80s, to those long, tired journeys in Norris the knackered Transit from gigs all over the land, nodding off to Radio 2 in the wee small hours.
Brought back with a bump when the van stops and the task of unloading a ton of kit. Happy days.

Back
Top Bottom