Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Graphics problem. Help please

xsunnysuex

Life is a horizontal fall.
Suddenly my laptop has started distorting my pictures. I thought at first it was just facebook. But it's doing the same when I attach images into email. Any ideas please?
You can see the difference I'm talking about here. Left is one in paint shop pro. Right one I attached to an email.

1670621002588.png

It looks like the one on the right has been saved at quite a low quality setting, so there’s pixelation and a loss of colour.

It’s been a long time since I’ve used paint shop pro, but there should be a way to increase the quality of the jpg when you save it.

Some e-mail packages ask if you want to reduce image size for e-mailing, and there's one forum i'm on (not here) that shrinks photos if i try to attach them to a post and there's nothing you can do about it. I don't know about farcebook as i don't do it.

Don't think it's anything to do with the graphics card / screen on your laptop if they look OK in PSP

Also, PSP can be set to reduce size / resolution when it saves jpg files. There is a way of telling it not to do this, but it's a while since I've used PSP and can't remember how. It will be an 'option' setting somewhere.

I saved it the same as I always do. And I've used paint shop for years. So I'm totally confused.
The email one is the same as the left one. It's just been attached to an email.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled paint shop. Fingers crossed it fixed it. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom