Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Going to York-recommendations?

cyberfairy

http://unicycle-emptiness.co.uk/
Off to York next week for a few days:cool: Never been-would appreciate tips on veggie friendly cool pubs/food places etc and stuff to look at:)

Near there on a street I forget the name of it a great old bookshop I also forget the name of, near to a very good bistro-y place that does veggie food. Which I also forget the name of. :D

Sorry for being crap.

Near there on a street I forget the name of it a great old bookshop I also forget the name of, near to a very good bistro-y place that does veggie food. Which I also forget the name of. :D

Sorry for being crap.

Is it the vegan tapassy type place? I have also forgotten the name but will somehow try to find it:cool: Thanks for your invaluble help

I haven't been to York in years, but it's a really nice city to spend a few days in.

The museums are excellent. Jorvik Viking Centre is well worth a look, as is the National Railway Museum (yes, I know... :oops: :D ) and a few others.

I can't recall any names offhand, but York is replete with good pubs as well. :cool:

As mentioned Jorvik Viking Centre is really good.

If you like Ale try some Centurian Ghost which is available in loads of pubs there.

There's a huge antiques fleamarket in a big red house (just as you walk from the station towards the Minster). Worth a wander round.

As mentioned Jorvik Viking Centre is really good.

If you like Ale try some Centurian Ghost which is available in loads of pubs there.

I like ghosts but not real ale.

Thanks for tips-now where is a decent place that does cheap doubles and is simply riddled with atmostphere and does not play piped music? Nobody say Wetherspoons:hmm:

I haven't been to York in years, but it's a really nice city to spend a few days in.

The museums are excellent. Jorvik Viking Centre is well worth a look, as is the National Railway Museum (yes, I know... :oops: :D ) and a few others.

I can't recall any names offhand, but York is replete with good pubs as well. :cool:

Tangerinedream is very excited about the old trains in the shed:(

All of the above plus.
Make sure you go up the tower in the minster.
A boat trip is a nice relaxing hour.

Just emailed a veggie mate who lives there to suggest eating places for you.

The Chapter House in the Minster!

it is covered in the most fascinating carvings - you could spend a day looking at them and not be bored :cool:

I'm in York next week :) When I am not in meetings I'll be in bars or wandering through the shambles.

Any decent curry houses?

Go on the Micklegate run on a Saturday night....thats where the real culture is at ;)

Left York at 17 after growing up there, don't go there much now.

Went back at Xmas it was a huge disappointment.

I was in York today (for a 2 hour meeting :rolleyes:). I had a lovely pasty for lunch (peppered steak), but they did some vegetarian ones too. Can't remember where it was though. :)

I was in York today (for a 2 hour meeting :rolleyes:). I had a lovely pasty for lunch (peppered steak), but they did some vegetarian ones too. Can't remember where it was though. :)

:rerleyes:

Apparently the pub had a white alsation cyberfairy, if that narrows it down.

:rerleyes:

Apparently the pub had a white alsation cyberfairy, if that narrows it down.

The pasty was from somewhere else so nerr.

The pub with the white Alsatian (and a cracking selection of beers) was called the Corner something-or-other (probably Corner House). Out the train station and left, down the road a bit, cross the busy road, past the bus-stops a bit and up a side road on your left. They had a decent outside seating area for the smokers also. (See? A proper recommendation).

The pasty was from somewhere else so nerr.

The pub with the white Alsatian (and a cracking selection of beers) was called the Corner something-or-other (probably Corner House). Out the train station and left, down the road a bit, cross the busy road, past the bus-stops a bit and up a side road on your left. They had a decent outside seating area for the smokers also. (See? A proper recommendation).

Show off.

Still fucking appalling imo. it's 2009-i expected links, multimaps, photos, not vague rumours of side streets and 'white alsations.' :rolleyes:

My mate has emailed me back. I should add that he's not a real Yorkshire lad and his attempt at a Yorkshire accent is crap. He has a shitty uni accent but I'll give him his due, he tries.

There's a reet hippy one:
El Piano
Grape Lane
01904 610676

However he does know good snap when he sees it so I would trust his suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom