Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

GAA 2024

jimbarkanoodle

Anyone here into the oul GAA? Specifically football, but hurling too

Half my family lives in rural South Derry and the next parish along team (Glen) reached the Club All Ireland Club Final this evening, so good luck to them having lost the final last year.

Looking forward to Derry's season ahead in the League and County championships. Hoping to go one better than last year where they were edged out in the semi final by Kerry.

I noticed last year that the BBC seem to be broadcasting it to a wider audience now, with the finals of both being broadcast by them online. Perhaps it might gain a bit more popularity in this country in the future?

I just got into watching hurling. I don't have a team as such yet, though my dad and his lot comes from Cork so maybe someone from there.

Derry have had a good couple of weekends. Winning the Dr McKenna Cup (an inter province warm up competition), winning in Kerry at the weekend, and Glen becoming all Ireland champions. Might go over for the match against Tyrone this Sunday.

View attachment 410050

London (Londain) Vs Wexford (Loch Garman)

London took an early lead but once Wexford got in front it was all over despite being a man down.
By the way it's rare that you get a good Guinness in London.
Rare that you get a cheap pint of Guinness.

The club house had Guinness that was both cheap and good.
Charge from a tenner for a Magners and a Guinness :wow:
Add a bag of Tayto crisps. Exactly a tenner :thumbs:

By the way it's rare that you get a good Guinness in London.
Rare that you get a cheap pint of Guinness.

The club house had Guinness that was both cheap and good.
Charge from a tenner for a Magners and a Guinness :wow:
Add a bag of Tayto crisps. Exactly a tenner :thumbs:
Shame its in Ruislip, a right of schelp for those of us in SE London.

Glen beat my team Scotstown in the Ulster final. Glad Glen won the All Ireland, there are no good losses but if you lose, lose to the champs.

Monaghan humbled the dubs in CP last Saturday. We’re off to Clones on Sunday to hopeful see Kerry humbled.

the bbc in the north will always focus on northern teams. No one in the nine counties wants to watch Sligo vs Roscommon.

This subscription only GAAGO leaves a bad taste in the mouth of everyone seeing as its still an 'amateur' sport where players don't technically get paid to play.
That’s true and it’s a legitimate criticism but if you want to watch games involving the likes of Sligo or Carlow they at least are broadcast on GAAgo.

Armagh man here born and bred. I suspect another year of high expectations with nothing in return and another contract extension for the ‘Geezer’. Do you live in the north? A loaded firestick should have all GAAGO games on it as well as what RTE, TG4 and BBC offer.

So Derry win the league by 2 points, despite having to play Dublin who finished second as a decider, which I don't really understand. Surely a league is such that the winner is thus because they finished top having played all the other teams 🤔.

Hard luck Monaghan and Roscommon.

Looking forward to the Ulster Championship starting, where things start to get serious. Confident Derry can do 3 in a row.

how does gaa football work as far as being an all Ireland competition? I know

DONEGAL V ARMAGH FULL SUNDAY GAME HIGHLIGHTS - 2024 ULSTER FOOTBALL FINAL​

was won on penalties by Donegal so can someone explain what happens to donegal now? does donegal play the other 3 Irish provincial champions?

in general when is the bono fide proper Gaa football season?

This is the 2nd year of it being more complicated, it is no longer the 4 provincial champions into quarter finals. The competition is basically much bigger, and it's taken me until very recently to work it out.

This might explain it better

I've been a little quiet since my last post where I was confident Derry would win their 3rd Ulster title in a row, well, straight out in the quarters to Donegal 😲. Although we did win the league, beating the Dubs in the final.

Now in the group of death with both Armagh and Galway... confident we'll progress though. Already booked to go over for the quarter finals end of June.

Back
Top Bottom