Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Free Parking near Brixton Hill

madshadow

Does anyone know where a friend could park his car for free for a week - anywhere near Brixton Hill / Streatham / surrounding areas.... or is it all zone parking nowadays?

Just outside the South Circular perimeter (the junction where The Crown & Spectre is) there are free parking streets. And plenty of buses heading to Brixton.

Just outside the South Circular perimeter (the junction where The Crown & Spectre is) there are free parking streets. And plenty of buses heading to Brixton.
All sorted, thanks everyone for the info!

Hi there, I have a similar problem. Where did you end up parking? Thanks a lot
I think they ended up parking on one of the estates off New Park Rd, below South Circular. Not 100% sure who looks after that parking.
Also, check the Tooting Bec Common end of Drewstead Rd, after the Mortimer Close junction (screenshot below), looks like there are no restrictions in place.

1619520850571.png

Do you know which roads have free parking there? Cheers
Not certain anymore as I haven't been through them in a while, but I'm 80% sure Downtown Ave, Crickdale Ave, and the next two side streets after them off the Streatham Hill Road, plus the maze of streets connecting them, are all free parking. You will need to pay attention to the Low Traffic Neighbourhood signage to ensure you do not cross the LTN bounduary, but it's perfectly fine to enter those streets until the LTN signage, then when you leave, drive off the same way you came.

Not certain anymore as I haven't been through them in a while, but I'm 80% sure Downtown Ave, Crickdale Ave, and the next two side streets after them off the Streatham Hill Road, plus the maze of streets connecting them, are all free parking. You will need to pay attention to the Low Traffic Neighbourhood signage to ensure you do not cross the LTN bounduary, but it's perfectly fine to enter those streets until the LTN signage, then when you leave, drive off the same way you came.

Amesbury, Barcombe, Cricklade Roads etc all got CPZ'd just before Christmas. Its the same on the other side of Streatham Hill as well - Telford Avenue, Kirkstall Road area.

I think this is an up to date map of controlled parking in Lambeth - CPZs

Back
Top Bottom