Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Framed - daily film guessing game

…probably should have won best picture the year it was nominated. I think it might be Spike Lee’s best work (though admittedly I am not a fan and haven’t seen them all).

Strong opinion! How come so bad?

I remember it being watchable, it just rubbed me up the wrong way. It just seemed so disappointing that the only way to discuss these issues was through copaganda and the calming hand of the concerned establishment. Also just shallow characterisation and almost cartoonish at points, it might have been more interesting to make the Klan just a little less redneck cliché. Just in general not very good. The most powerful bits were the clips of the Charlottesville protest at the end which were just tagged on but made me think I'd rather watch a documentary. This stuff deserves more substance/seriousness. Even the main theme of sounding "white" on the telephone was done so much more sharply in Sorry to Bother You.

Damn it's all flooding back now. Need to repress the memory of it!!

Last edited:
This thread is starting to feel like a meta remake of Multiplicity, but with ATOMIC SUPLEX in the Michael Keaton role 🤣

Back
Top Bottom