Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

For Fecks Sake

I don't think you're getting the point. Why did it need a granite floor? That's something you'd use in a palace, not under a bike rack. And why did they need to spend 3 grand on 'archaeological services' to dig up the tarmac and replace it with granite?
It's typical Irish cronyism. Somebody in government is related to an archaeologist. Just more government corruption, while thousands of children are homeless.
Archaeological survey is standard when building public things in this country? And presumably Ireland too.

A thread for extremely annoying money wasting shite done by the Irish Government...

€350000

For a Feckin bike shed
In Leinster House

And it's not even a shed! It's a bog-standard albeit ridiculously expensive bike stand with inadequate shelter for both bikes and cyclists. A shed at least would offer protection from the wind and rain. Or do they think the wind and rain will know not to blow/fall in the direction of the stand because it's a 'sensitive location'??

You are the one who mentioned the cost of your dad for doing a DIY job in the back garden as if it was a valid comparison.

..I mentioned what he paid for 10x10 concrete pad... the concrete came premixed and delivered. So what? The company he dealt with didn't charge him less because he was doing a DIY project.

If the bike shed had a concrete assembly the cost would have been significantly lower.

Last edited:
..I mentioned what he paid for 10x10 concrete pad... the concrete came premixed and delivered. So what? The company he dealt with didn't charge him less because he was doing a DIY project.

If the bike shed had a concrete assembly the cost would have been significantly lower.
Ah, is that so, you build a lot of them do you?

7 nurses could have been given work for the cost of that shed

Ah, is that so, you build a lot of them do you?
Are you trying to be sexist or just a gobshite?

I know how much it actually costs to build something..and precast concrete is cheaper. As is premixed delivered. It's relatively easy to cost stuff. Especially when you know a good Clerk of Works...I was reared on building sites.

Last edited:
7 nurses could have been given work for the cost of that shed

Are you trying to be sexist or just a gobshite?

I know how much it actually costs to build something..and precast concrete is cheaper. As is premixed delivered. It's relatively easy to cost stuff. Especially when you know a good Clerk of Works...I was reared on building sites.
Maybe you should advise them how to improve their procurement processes then. Just need to find your green pen :)

Back
Top Bottom