Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Flatshares

Hi - looking for a double room

anywhere in London, not overly fussy about the area, ideally in a large shared house the more the better as far as i'm concerned, can pay £100 - £120 pw ex bills but that's not entirely set in stone, being evicted in 2 months although can probably stay an extra month after that but on the plus side I can move out tomorrow if needs be...very clean and tidy, I do have a cat but much to my heartbreak she can be shipped off to a friends if the worst comes to the worst.

what else, what else...ummm work full time, very sociable, into photography, ummm christ I'm not exactly sounding like a barrel of laughs am I! hahahaha

Anyway please PM me if a room becomes available, anywhere I'm desperate..well not quite yet but in a couple of months you will be able to recognise me as ms baglady living under London Bridge...cheers.

Melissa

Looking for a room in Stokey....

Looking for a gay-friendly house in Stokey. I work in social housing so I'm not too rich and am looking for about £100 pw. Erm, I'm 27, very chilled, not too much of a party animal, clean, tidy and responsible

Anyone got anything going?

Nice shared house backing on to Brockwell park, 8 mins walk from Brixton Tube and Hern Hill.

Basment room in a relaxed house share looking out on to the Park. Big room. Shared wet room, nice kitchen.

Rent is £460 ppm including light, heat and council tax. Broadband is an extra £10.

I'd prefer a girl to keep the gender balance in this house at 50/50 but that might not be so important since I'm not sure that I'm going to be here much longer either.

Room in my house in Hackney available 1 Aug

Its a decent sized room, top floor at the rear with a double bed, which if anything like my bed is very comfortable, might have other furniture, not sure what's Daves. I think the rents 465+bills though would need to confirm this.

Its a street level period property. House is fantastic, probably one of the best places I've ever lived in London and very spacious with big front room, dining room which is also a spare room for guests, two loos, one of which is massive with a huge bath (with no taps on the bath). Quite the best fitted kitchen again massive, all mod con's, fab if you like to cook and entertain, its connected to the dining room. Nice garden with proper BBQ. Loads of storage. Wireless broadband. Bills shared by five so pretty cheap. Whole house has proper old wood varnished floors.

Its right by Hackney Downs station and Hackney has buses going everywhere.

Its non-smoking. Its also nice and clean and we like it like that. We're not clean fascists but its kept clean no questions asked. Sharing with 2 guys and 2 girls, late 20's to late 30's.

PM me if your interested in coming to see it.

Should also be on MoveFlat.

looking for a 4th person for a shared house...

there are there three of us looking to move into a lovely four doubled bedroomed house by the end or August, although we haven't actually confirmed anywhere yet we have been to a couple of places and one looked gorgeous near the Hobgobblin pub in Brixton, all double rooms, a lovely living area (god the cat has just jumped onto my keyboard) oh and a cat....

We are 2 girls and a boy (the boy has a drum kit but we can shove him into the garden if he gets too loud, actually the girl fancies herself as a bit of a singer as well, so musicians please apply....)

anyway ummm looking for a 4th person preferably boy to balance out the zing and zang of the house.. it is lovely...haven't got it yet but going to see another viewing Wednesday....

so if anyone is looking for a room in brixton...shit havent mentioned the price...it's less than £100 pw cant quite remember how much less but a bit less, + bills... let me know... PM me..

Cheers Mel

my brother writes:

We've got a room available in my house in East Ham going, available start of august. My mates also have two rooms available in there house in manor park. If you guys know of anyone interested let me know and I'll get you more infomation!

------------

so if you like the idea of living in the east end drop me a pm and i'll put you in touch.

blue x

Myself, zora, and gergl live in a very nice (in a scruffy way) flat just off railton road. we're currently looking for a new housemate. the flat is a laid back house which tends to be quite noisy, especially at weekends, so you shouldn't be the kind of person bothered by this sort of thing. your room will have a double bed and a warderobe, and a lovely view of the south london skyline when the sun sets. You are within a few minutes walk of brixton and herne hill stations, there's an offie a few paces away, the neighbours and friendly and you're near enough to brockwell park that you can smell it. well, not quite. we don't have a garden, sadly, and we front onto a fairly busy road, so not really any good for kittehs unless they're used to being house cats. we like kittehs though. it's also a smoking house. well, it's kind of an everything house tbh.

the rent is 390 a month, plus bills. we have broadband but not sky tv or cable or any of that shit. the landlady is pretty good, stays out of our business but gets any important stuff done quickly and efficiently. she'll probably want a letter from your job stating how much you earn. i haven't got a clue where she stands on students or parent guaruntors.

no humourless bastards, people who object to clutter, people who object to occasionally noisy evenings or DJs, and i wouldn't recommend it for anyone with a dust allergy either.

drop us a PM if you're interested and we'll talk. be good to us urban, don't make us take one of those real people.

nicked from the post my housemate stuck on a flatshare website

A massive above-shop flat in West Dulwich - everything huge apart from kitchen and bathroom. The room is unfurnished, rear facing & has a fireplace. West Dulwich has lots of green spaces, olde worlde pubs and lack of grottiness. 10 mins on the bus to Brixton, or fast train every 30 to Victoria. Situation is that 3 Brit friends rented a flat together 3 years ago & one is now moving out, so it's a pretty tight flatshare, we hang out a lot & have people over. One flatmate is a student & makes music, but has been trained not to do it loudly or at unsociable times. The other is a financial analyst who enjoys surfing and lying on the sofa listening to sport. We want a chilled, social person with a sense of humour. Freeview, wi-fi, etc all here
Flatshare interests: music, films, DJing, festivals Flatshare occupations: student, finance analyst.

I don't just sit on the sofa and listen to sport. i play records too :mad: :D

Room still available in Lovely 5 bed house in Hackney.

Its a decent sized room, top floor at the rear with a double bed, which if anything like my bed is very comfortable, might have other furniture, not sure what's Daves. The rents 459+bills. Six weeks deposit.

Its a street level period property. House is fantastic, very spacious with big front room, dining room which is also a spare room for guests, two loos, one of which is massive with a huge bath (with no taps on the bath). Lovey fitted kitchen again massive, all mod con's, great if you like to cook and entertain, its connected to the dining room. Nice garden with proper BBQ. Loads and loads of storage in the cellar and attic. Wireless broadband. Bills shared by five so pretty cheap. Whole house has proper old wood varnished floors.

Its right by Hackney Downs station and Hackney has buses going everywhere.

Its non-smoking. Its also nice and clean and we like it like that. We're not clean fascists but its kept clean no questions asked. Sharing with 2 guys and 2 girls, late 20's to late 30's.

PM me if your interested in coming to see it.

Should also be on MoveFlat.

Denmark Hill = £350 per month - boys only

, bills on top not too much dont think, not paid any yet, 5 others + 1 cat, its a smallish double - not too bad, bathroom, lounge, garden, its available middle of september, we are really looking for a guy as there are 4 girls already and one of the boys is moving out.

umm what else, PM me if you are interested i guess.

melissa

actually christ im being incredibly laszy, should post pictures up...actually cant be bothered. if you want to see photos let me know....

well obviously you know where the maudsley mental hospital is...

;)

its near there.. up a bit from camberwell...down a bit from herne hill

easy access to victoria, blackfriars, london bridge, elephant and castle..blah blah blah de blah... denmark hill itself however is fucking fuck dull - only 2 pubs to speak of and one of them is an old man's pub, although getting TWO yes thats TWO pints for £3.10 sure put the smile back on my face!

me freecycled veg plants haven't *all* been taken yet either... gardens are good too...

i could *try* and be a boy....

What's everyone experience been of finding flatmates on this thread? Am thinking of moving back to london and this seems preferable to scanning the Loot ads. Am i right?

tufty79 said:
me freecycled veg plants haven't *all* been taken yet either... gardens are good too...

i could *try* and be a boy....

Belated "FNAR"

On a separate note, looking for a room in a house/flat share in Camden / Kentish Town. Could probably go up to 550-ish a month.

Anyone? :D

Hi all... :)

A very good friend of mine is looking for a double room to rent North of the river.

He is a graphic designer, 33 years old, a smoker, easy going and CLEAN.

He would ideally like to share with one other person but is open to compromise. He is straight, but would prefer to live with males.

His budget is £400-£450pcm.

Any ideas, let us know. Cheers!

Two Double Rooms in Victorian House (£450inc)

My girlfriend has 2 spare rooms in Feltham they are £450 each.

Here is her ad from the web.....

Two good sized double rooms available to rent in a friendly three bedroom house share, furnished or unfurnished (shared kitchen, bathroom and living/dining room are furnished). Lovely rear garden, off-street parking, walking distance from high street and Feltham train station with fast line into London Waterloo, and v.close to bus stop for buses to Heathrow/Hatton Cross (where there is a Piccadilly line tube station).

Non-smoking, professional females preferred, as I am a 25 year old female. £450 per room per month includes all bills (council tax, gas, electric, water, wireless broadband, cable TV). Available to view immediately.

single room available (late sept/1st oct)bethnal green £90 per week

sorry this doesnt include bills or council tax...
the upside is you would be sharing with me and me alone :)
im female and in my 30's

the flat is on northiam street E9..it is the first street in hackney but it isnt a very far distance from bethnal green tube..
the room itself isnt all that spacious but the lounge is very big(with excellent view of the canal,very peaceful and pretty) and im often away for weeks at a time..so you would have plenty of time alone in the flat:)
the landlady is ok with DSS as long as you can "cover" yr rent payments while housing benefit is sorting it out, my previous flatmate got his entire rent paid by HB...

i dont mind if you are working or a student or on benefits..i just would prefer living with a creative,left leaning,quietish,veggie,gay friendly left field sort of person..so if this rings any bells or you think you might know a freind interested please PM me..thanks a lot!

WANTED: Room in South London

Friendly female teacher looking to move back to London. I'm solvent, a decent cook and pretty clean and tidy. I'm being evicted from my house at the end of this month and would ideally like to find a place before then (obviously). I've lived with urbanites before and can supply references to say I'm not a killer or a tory or owt. Happy with most things as long as I can shut my door and hide when planning needs to be done!

Can pay about £400 on rent.

Back
Top Bottom