Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

First bit of abuse as a photographer

Happened faster than I expected.
Yesterday I did my first proper bit of wandering around taking pictures. I wanted to get some examples as I may be teaching some basic stuff in the future (I'm more into film and animation but lots of students want to do photography).
Today I decided to take a few pics on the way back from work. I'm barely 10min in when a guy starts screaming at me about taking pictures of him. Accused me of working for the DWP.
He was not interested me showing him what I'd actually be taking pictures of (mostly birds and architecture). Plenty of shouting and theats.

Maybe teaching this to kids is a bad idea.

Happened faster than I expected.
Yesterday I did my first proper bit of wandering around taking pictures. I wanted to get some examples as I may be teaching some basic stuff in the future (I'm more into film and animation but lots of students want to do photography).
Today I decided to take a few pics on the way back from work. I'm barely 10min in when a guy starts screaming at me about taking pictures of him. Accused me of working for the DWP.
He was not interested me showing him what I'd actually be taking pictures of (mostly birds and architecture). Plenty of shouting and theats.

Maybe teaching this to kids is a bad idea.
I always advise against presenting your camera to someone shouting at you as they're likely to grab it/you and/or breathe all over you with Eau d'Covid.

don't think i've had private individuals getting shitty with me.

i have been stopped and asked questions by old bill for taking photographs of buses in a suspicious manner at bluewater (this was for work as we were doing consultancy things for kent county council at the time)

I always advise against presenting your camera to someone shouting at you as they're likely to grab it/you and/or breathe all over you with Eau d'Covid.
I was holding in close to me and out of grabbing range to see what they had to say about it.

He was already not giving me a choice about Eau d'Covid 😷

I had a bloke go doubly shouty on me recently because he thought the back of his head was in a park picture I was taking - he'd walked into view as I was composing the shot. As he walked further and further into the distance he kept spinning around to make sure his precious noggin wasn't featured. The twat.

I had a load of stones thrown at me for taking photos once, not in this country. I get why it happened too.
I think that moment had a big impact (just in my head, the stones didn't hit me) and since then i basically havent done it without asking first. this is NOT any kind of advice just my own weird trajectory wrt taking pics of strangers.

What I was actually taking pictures of

oneforsorrow.JPG

Back
Top Bottom