Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Family Guy....Steven King style

When is the next series out on DVD?

Liked those clips a lot, the Shawshank Redemption one is class

Don't know. :(

Just on TV just now. Seriously...that Shawshank one is killing me, I'm going to hurt myself.

excellent :cool: stewie's just right for the kathy bates character in misery :D

'If I let you go you'll go to the police and tell them i kidnapped you and held you hostage and fondled you while you were asleep'

'No I wo.... Wait. What??'

:D:D

i still don't get why people love the show... oi mean i like it but don't rate it

to quote stewie form 420 i'm living in mediocrity!

it's got some good even great lines but it's overall forgettable

i still don't get why people love the show... oi mean i like it but don't rate it

to quote stewie form 420 i'm living in mediocrity!

it's got some good even great lines but it's overall forgettable
I would have thought that a manga/anime fan....cartoons which frequently have adult topics...would have appreciated the strong material.

it's not about it's adult nature

it's about the writing... there are some decent one liners and i don't mind the manatee tank surreal cut away jokes

however it just feels week overall looking back over this season i only just watch most of it a week or two ago and already i can't remember any of the episodes and the only joke i really still remember is the one where the new dog claims to have done it with the teddy

strong does not automatically equate to good

It's fucking great, easily better than the Simpsons, South Park and Futurama (last one not hard cos it's crap) put together!

what makes it great?

it's not the animation

and it's not the plots

are the one liners really that good?

It's funny. It's well observed, the cynical/black comedy outlook is spot on. The characters, especially Peter, are just great. Oh and it's funny.

The wrongness makes it great like south park though this is only through Cartman and I s'pose chef in the old days. Have to say both have lost it a bit. I love it when Cartman rips on the Jews and fishsticks really messed me up too to the confusion of my girlfriend

The wrongness makes it great like south park though this is only through Cartman and I s'pose chef in the old days. Have to say both have lost it a bit. I love it when Cartman rips on the Jews and fishsticks really messed me up too to the confusion of my girlfriend

Yep the wrongness, yep black humour, fucking love it!

Family Guy is definitely funnier than the rest when you're pissed / stoned (as the quickfire gags are perfect for a low attention span), whereas I'd say South Park is cleverer and is the only show that makes me do that "I can't believe they just did that" open-mouthed laugh.

I've seen the episode now. It's ace :D They've picked up again on quality these past episodes, this last season has been somewhat boring in the middle.

FG is one of those series you have to be predisposed to like it for what it is - a lot of non-sequitur jokes, pop culture references, mostly from the 80s (wasn't the original Rickroll on that episode spoofing Back to the Future?) and some fucked up dark jokes along the way.

Back
Top Bottom