Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fake tan

Rebelda

Nearly as bad as Badgers
I love a fake tan and have started early this year :oops:

Last year was all about Bondi Sands, gradual on the face, light mousse everywhere else. Didn't like the gradual one on my body, made my legs streaky - nice colour though. Tried the aero mousse and did not like it at all. It dried too quick to blend and ran out really quickly.

This year I've got Bondi Sands liquid gold mousse and it's lovely. No proper guide colour, so you've got to be confident in your prep and technique. Isle of Paradise gradual which is much better than BS but I'll phase out now I'm on the real stuff :D

Anyone else?

Reactions: izz
I like a bit of tinted moisturiser but fake tan was always too far. Is it better now? Doesn’t leave orange everywhere? Loo seats and pillowcases?

Only the ones with a guide colour that stain your skin so you can see where you're putting it.

Never been brave enough to try and just rely on freckles for that sun kissed glow. This doesn't work on legs though which remains WHITE!!!!!

Ive tried a couple of the gradual tan body lotions but they seem to do nothing!

Bondi Sands light mousse fan here, but on your recommendation I'll try the Liquid Gold Mousse. Need a new mitt too so might go shopping today😎

So jealous of anyone that can do fake tan, I always end up with orange/brown feet and knees and streaks everywhere, doesn't matter how much I moisturise. If I'm lucky I get a bonus brown streak somewhere like my forehead as well, where I've not realised I've scratched.

Bondi Sands light mousse fan here, but on your recommendation I'll try the Liquid Gold Mousse. Need a new mitt too so might go shopping today😎
It's a little bit darker, and has a lot more staying power. I'm on day 6, have exfoliated twice and it's still going (although I am gonna top up for the weekend)

So jealous of anyone that can do fake tan, I always end up with orange/brown feet and knees and streaks everywhere, doesn't matter how much I moisturise. If I'm lucky I get a bonus brown streak somewhere like my forehead as well, where I've not realised I've scratched.
My routine is moisturise the day before, just exfoliate on the day you tan. Use a tanning mitt. Mousse with a guide colour is easiest. Use what's left on the mitt for your knees, feet and face. The mitt is the main thing. Buy a tanning mitt or pay someone to spray you :thumbs:

tbh I probably have slightly brown/orange knees and feet, and I always miss somewhere, I just don't care. I don't pretend I'm not wearing a tan out of a bottle. Spent last weekend showing people the patch on my right leg that didn't take. Just checked and I've missed some toes today :D

I'm too bad at applying it myself. Have had it done a couple of times at a salon (York Hall before it went to shit) and that was fantastic. Though coming home looking like an oompa loompa, before it calms down, is a bit of an experience...

• Haha
Reactions: izz
My routine is moisturise the day before, just exfoliate on the day you tan. Use a tanning mitt. Mousse with a guide colour is easiest. Use what's left on the mitt for your knees, feet and face. The mitt is the main thing. Buy a tanning mitt or pay someone to spray you :thumbs:

tbh I probably have slightly brown/orange knees and feet, and I always miss somewhere, I just don't care. I don't pretend I'm not wearing a tan out of a bottle. Spent last weekend showing people the patch on my right leg that didn't take. Just checked and I've missed some toes today :D
Sterling advice and bless you for it, maybe one day I'll be brave enough to try again 😀

I rarely make the whole body effort but do use face tanning drops to try to look vaguely healthy, currently Beauty Pie Absolute Bronze drops every couple of days.

I'm too bad at applying it myself. Have had it done a couple of times at a salon (York Hall before it went to shit) and that was fantastic. Though coming home looking like an oompa loompa, before it calms down, is a bit of an experience...
Nightmare innit, have to walk at sloth speed so you don't sweat it off too early.

I rarely make the whole body effort but do use face tanning drops to try to look vaguely healthy, currently Beauty Pie Absolute Bronze drops every couple of days.
I'm intrigued by drops, do they go in your face cream?

Back
Top Bottom