Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fake pockets

fake pockets

• I too am a hater of the fake pocket.

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • i quite like fake pockets for the utilitarian look without the bulkiness of actual pockets

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I am a man and have noticed that trousers sold to me sometimes have fake pockets too.

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

bimble

floofy
:mad: :mad::mad:
They were cheap and i let my guard down, usually check for this before going to the till but ffs just got home with yet another pair of stupid pretend trousers with fake front pockets that i'll have to take back to the shop, again.
This has been an annoyance for at least a decade not sure when they started making them this way but :mad:.
There are things i need to know - basically the question is Why. If people want slim fitted troosers with no bulky pockets that i understand, but why would you want fake pockets (sewn to look convincingly like a pocket but nothing there at all, not even a token space to keep i dont know a miniature lipstick or a 5p coin).
Please help me understand whether there is actually a market for this or is it just a shitty cost saving exercise by evil clothes manufacturers.

poll. cant think of a comedy option right now am too cross.

I could not agree more wholeheartedly. I once ordered a hoody with zipped pocket from Jacomo. When it arrived it was barely even a pretend pocket. It was just a fucking zip sewn on. When I phoned them to complain they told me that I was welcome to return it. I don't think they really understood I was complaining that they made and sold such a thing in the first place. I have never used Jacomo again because of that one fucking hoody.

Possibly worse, although fake pockets are an abomination, is pockets that are so shallow you can't safely put anything in them :mad:

My daughter's winter coat has a "pocket" that is just a zip. She was furious.

I demand pockets :mad::mad:

In some garments I own a fake pocket looks right without the stretching potential of an actual pocket..
Mainly wool cardigans.

I’ve only ever come across one and that was a fake breast pocket on a blazer type jacket. I thought it was just sewn up, as many are, but it really was a spoof. I just took it back.

I really hate fake pockets ...

one of the local-ish alteration places had a lass working there who was a dad hand at inserting proper pockets, as well as zips.
sadly, the row of cabins were they were based has disappeared under an office block.

There's still a market for that skill ...

It's a cost saving exercise and it sucks. My other production cost saving pet hate (or rather it's El Jugs) is those modern boxer shorts with a raw uncovered elastic waistband. It's now super hard to find any chainstore that sells jersey boxers with a proper waistband and the bare elastic is so uncomfortable.
I also hate micro pockets on clothing, you know when it looks like a proper one then you discover you can't even fit a 1p piece in because it's so shallow. Everything on the high street is getting downspecced and more shit - full on late capitalism vibes

It's now a struggle to get the type of shorts I like with pockets.

Also they got rid of zips and belt loops from the trousers I used to get.

Back
Top Bottom