Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

facemask selfies redux

editor

hiraethified
wayward bob said:
i don't want to ever be "obvious" for a diagnosis outside clinical conditions?

i'd rather signal possible community infectivity before i do any volunteering?

i'd rather just have a chat and a cup of tea, cos none of us is immune, right?

x

[ETA: Ownership changed to editor to enable OP to ignore thread]

Last edited by a moderator:
Other. Crowded spaces and sometimes at work if I have to do more intimate meetings.

Am making one at the moment & will post a selfie once it's done...gonna try out a few different designs and gift them to people. Fabric, lined & washable.

i really hoped there wasn't a push on masks tbh :oops: there's a random generic one or something hand-crafted with love.

won't stop people dying :(

i really hoped there wasn't a push on masks tbh :oops: there's a random generic one or something hand-crafted with love.

won't stop people dying :(

Everytime I go out there are more and more people wearing them. Given how many of us could be asymptomatic I am just accepting it as people feeling like it's something they can do, especially if you have to travel on buses/trains/tubes and especially in more crowded places like supermarkets.

moose you are teh biz when it comes to... everything... :)

am i being really fucking mean spirited about mask wearing?

i'm kind of adrift with this...

I’m not sure how to take that....what about my fragile masculinity?
i love Urban for the ambiguity. I love these little surprises.
for the record, I will out myself: I’m a cisgendered homosexual male, but I’ll let you choose my pronouns.
deep apols for any enforced outing, not at all appropriate to hot <facemask-selfie?> thread

... leaves everything hanging...

Everytime I go out there are more and more people wearing them. Given how many of us could be asymptomatic I am just accepting it as people feeling like it's something they can do, especially if you have to travel on buses/trains/tubes and especially in more crowded places like supermarkets.
I was visiting a ship that had had a bit of an accident. The crew are rightly concerned as in a week or so, they will be in the high seas and away from any sophisticated medical care. I’m happy to wear a mask and rubber gloves if it makes them more comfortable.
I subsequently had a meeting with the captain of the port...he obviously didn’t want us breathing the air in his office, or touching his furniture. The meeting was conducted standing up, 2m apart, and we agreed on everything in 5 minutes :D

Washable, reuseable, t-shirt material lining is more snug and soft, space between the outer and lining lets air circulate and can hold a filter is wanted.....gonna try a few different patterns to work out which ones are easiest to make so I can gift them to others. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200403_120027.jpg
    IMG_20200403_120027.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom