Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Explosion by Prophet's Mosque in Medina - suspected suicide bomber attack

That's 3 suicide attacks in 24 hrs in Saudi & follows recent attacks in
Turkey, Bangladesh, Yemen and Iraq. Hopefully a sign that ISIS is losing on the battlefield & is compensating. And I do think Saudi & Turkey (or elements in those countries) do or did give support to ISIS or competing elements within ISIS.....a wildly complicated situation.

That's 3 suicide attacks in 24 hrs in Saudi & follows recent attacks in
Turkey, Bangladesh, Yemen and Iraq. Hopefully a sign that ISIS is losing on the battlefield & is compensating. And I do think Saudi & Turkey (or elements in those countries) do or did give support to ISIS or competing elements within ISIS.....a wildly complicated situation.
Nice running together of different states with different competing agendas. Nicely evidenced too.

On social media there are lots of people saying it was an accident not a terror attack. Is that true? If it's false, do they have massive teams of people like Israel does to flood social media with propatganda?

Eta: search medina gas on twitter

Last edited:
The best that can come out of is this some light being shone on the cretinous assertion that SA funds ISIS.
That and seriously funding anti isis groups.

I'm speaking from a position of mostly ignorance here, but isn't SA funding of militant groups done on the basis of the proclivities of wealthy individuals, rather than as a matter of unified state policy? So therefore it could be the case that some princes (or whoever is wealthy enough) are funneling money to ISIS, while others are funding anti-ISIS islamists, perhaps as part of a proxy conflict?

Back
Top Bottom