Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Eurovision 2015

ska invita

back on the other side
The build up starts now!

Supposedly Australia are going to be in it this year
http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=australia_to_participate_in_the_2015_eurovision_song_contest

Geneva, Switzerland - Yes, you read that right! After a prominent place in the interval act of last year’s Eurovision Song Contest, Australia will compete in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest, to take place on 19, 21 and 23rd of May in Vienna, Austria. Just for once, and for many good reasons!

I think that means its a one-off. Shame, as I think expanding the already dubious eurozone would make for a better and weirder show

Yes, I did knowingly rather leave myself open to that one :hmm: :D

I'd still say it's more a cultural/televisual event than a music even though - isn't stuff like The Voice and X-Factor in TV too?

Seriously, do you actually want to claim Eurovision in the name of music? ;)

I know it's supposed to be so bad it's good. But that really just means it's bad, doesn't it?

I know that one of the ongoing in-jokes of the music forum is that whoever is posting pretends to think their taste is better than everyone else's, (while actually knowing it's just a matter of taste) ... But does anyone actually think the music on Eurovision is acceptable?

I know it's supposed to be so bad it's good. But that really just means it's bad, doesn't it?

I know that one of the ongoing in-jokes of the music forum is that whoever is posting pretends to think their taste is better than everyone else's, (while actually knowing it's just a matter of taste) ... But does anyone actually think the music on Eurovision is acceptable?
I've genuinely enjoyed lots of Eurovision songs, and not from a 'so bad it's good' perspective. Some of them it's because they're enjoyably bonkers, but not bad, and there are also plenty of actually decent(ish :hmm: ) songs - see the Netherlands' most recent two entries, for example.

I've genuinely enjoyed lots of Eurovision songs, and not from a 'so bad it's good' perspective. Some of them it's because they're enjoyably bonkers, but not bad, and there are also plenty of actually decent(ish :hmm: ) songs - see the Netherlands' most recent two entries, for example.
OK, fair enough.

My thread has Vienna in the title, and was posted first, so if this one ends up being the official one I'm going to be really, really cross.

My thread has Vienna in the title, and was posted first, so if this one ends up being the official one I'm going to be really, really cross.
The two threads thing has happened the last couple of years and the tv one always seems to win out in the end :(

Em... No.

(You should probably bear in mind that I thought for years that everyone on here was just joking about liking Girls Aloud. I'm old and set in my ways).

I'm sorry but AUSTRALIA?!?
We've all turned a blind eye somehow to Isreal being in for all these years but at least the landmass that Isreal is in is connected to Europe (please excuxe my gepography is this is wrong) but AUSTRALIA?? What is the fucking point of EUROvision if it is not about EUROPE.
The shark has now been well and truly jumped. I am quite cross about this :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm sorry but AUSTRALIA?!?
We've all turned a blind eye somehow to Isreal being in for all these years but at least the landmass that Isreal is in is connected to Europe (please excuxe my gepography is this is wrong) but AUSTRALIA?? What is the fucking point of EUROvision if it is not about EUROPE.
The shark has now been well and truly jumped. I am quite cross about this :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
its for one year only because theyve been such good fans. giving them something back. As long as its just a one off i think its okay.
though id love to see a week long World Song Contest. Bring on the Cantopop!

Back
Top Bottom