Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

End the secrecy of the family court

Whistleblower

I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?

Click this link to sign the petition:
Petition: End the secrecy of the family court

My petition:

The secrecy of the family court is not to protect the identity of children but to protect the court from scrutiny of its support of women and blatant bias against men. Secret courts are a relic of Nazi Germany & The Soviet Union. An open court is a democratic court.

A democracy can only function when it's institutions are open to scrutiny and challenge. The secrecy of the family court makes a mockery of our democracy.

PLEASE SIGN AND SHARE, SHARE, SHARE TO SUPPORT SEPERATED DADS

My petition:

The secrecy of the family court is not to protect the identity of children but to protect the court from scrutiny of its support of women and blatant bias against men. Secret courts are a relic of Nazi Germany & The Soviet Union. An open court is a democratic court.

A democracy can only function when it's institutions are open to scrutiny and challenge. The secrecy of the family court makes a mockery of our democracy.

Why aren't you concerned about the other secret courts in this country? What are secret courts and what do they mean for UK justice?

My petition:

You're aware that the petition link reveals your (presumably) actual name?

Not that I'll be signing.

My petition:

How do you know there's blatant bias against men? How can you know that if as you claim the court is held in camera? I think what you mean is you feel hard done by

(Poking the bear here) In what ways do you disapprove of family courts being secret? I know the press aren't allowed to report them which strikes me as fair enough but surely the parents of any children involved in their decisions are entitled to be aware of the proceedings and have their say.
I'm guessing that you are probably involved in a custody dispute of some sort at the moment and things aren't going the way you want them to? A sample of one doesn't prove the whole system is flawed.

Last edited:
Gotta love a petition where the creep posting it hasn't even bothered to spellcheck it, let alone check it against actual facts.

Fuck off @Whistelblower, flush yourself down the toilet.

My petition:

This doesn't need another thread. You've started enough already on this subject.

My petition:

If it’s all in secret how can you know it’s biased against men?

You can state one or the other. But not both.

ETA @pickmansmodel pointed this out first.

The secrecy is more about keeping views and decisions made by CAFCASS officers and social workers secret and not subject to scrutiny.
This is so true. Courts seem to agree with the cafcass proposals insomuch that it is cafcass reports that the judge agrees with and acts on

If men are the victims of legal bias why does the number of women murdered by male family members and partners so greatly exceeded the number of men who die in similar circumstances?

Back
Top Bottom