Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Emergency! Emergency! Will you get the alert?

I can't find emergency alerts in my Settings, does this mean I won't get one because I can't or I'll get one whether I want it or not?

I can't find emergency alerts in my Settings, does this mean I won't get one because I can't or I'll get one whether I want it or not?
I searched for 'emergency' on my phone and it took me to a whole sub menu, I've no idea of that's a new thing or not, though.

I wonder what the voice would say (I've done the same), how much proximity do you need to be to an incident? Surely there's be a point where you'd realise you were being attacked?

I've turned on the setting to speak the alert in case one comes through. Should be interesting, although probably not sensible in a terrorism incident as your phone would basically tell the wrong 'uns where you are.
Like in the movies where the hero is sneaking up on the bad guys and his phone rings.

Whilst I generall think it is potentially a good idea I can foresee some possible problems whereas whilst some folks will have the sense to flee the scene of a disaster, you will end up with rubberneckers heading towards it.

So this is "protect and Survive" all over again - plus that last thing they sent out ...
I didn't even open the Covid one they sent out last year.

Nowt recieved here - although I did get the all numbers text sent in March 2020.
Which gave me a surprise that "they" could organise something that important.

Back
Top Bottom