Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Egg in my garden.

ATOMIC SUPLEX

I was doing some gardening today and I found this egg on a little pile of dried twigs and bits and bobs.
441954456_10231603582609087_2359120248979360857_n.jpg
This was not a nest, wasn't made by a bird. it's just a pile of garden junk I was waiting to die a bit more before I transferred it to my real composter.

The egg looks exactly like a chicken egg but how would a chicken egg get there?
It doesn't feel like a chicken egg when you pick it up, but maybe because there is a dead bird inside? Certainly no birds near by.

The only large birds I have that come near my garden are seagulls (not not lately) large country pigeons (not gross ratty and small like town pigeons) and super large crows that are often walking all over my garden office roof (where this was found outside).

If it was an egg stolen by an animal (or dropped by a robbing seagull) it's weird as it is totally undamaged.

Pigeon nest? They're famed for not giving much of a fuck for building regs

View attachment 425071
We do have these massive pigeons that live in the trees to the back. They have been there for years and hang out in my garden sometimes. They are not at all like town pigeons. They look really well groomed, are a different colour and much bigger.

Back
Top Bottom