Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Down memory lane: that white tank?

He. My aunt lives pretty much opposite his house. They used to get so pissed off with people trailing past his house at Chrimbo, when the giant marlin was joined by Winston Churchill, a spitfire AND a giant santa, reindeers and sled. Quite remarkable - eventually I think the council gave up with the idea of forcing him to remove the marlin from the roof, realising that perhaps the retaliatory ten tons of inflatables he kept sticking up in defiance wasn't any better.

The bloke even used to pay his employees to put on combat fatigues and "Un' blue berets on and march in front of his house from time to time. And he owns that US-style police car with the policemen (pants rolled down, receiving a batty slap) on top that you see driving around from time to time. Nutter.

Interestingly the church where the man went loopy with the Samurai sword is at the end of the same road too. It must be something about Norbury...

;)

The guy with the sword attacked a church in thornton heath.

Pedant warning

My friend George, who knows about this sort of thing, told me that it wasn't a tank, it was a mobile gun. The main difference, apparently, is that a mobile gun is a lot lighter, as it doesn't have the armour plating, so it can be driven on public roads without making enormous ruts in the tarmac.

I just thought people would like to know.

My friend George, who knows about this sort of thing, told me that it wasn't a tank, it was a mobile gun. The main difference, apparently, is that a mobile gun is a lot lighter, as it doesn't have the armour plating, so it can be driven on public roads without making enormous ruts in the tarmac.

I just thought people would like to know.

He's right you know..

It was one of these, an Abbot self propelled gun.
Abbot.1.jpg

I remember the American cop care with the cop with his trousers down used to take perverse pleasure in driving up & down past Brixton police station.

Back
Top Bottom