Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Does this swim suit exist? Something between a standard one piece and a burkini!

Thora

Differently Ethical
I need a swim suit to wear at work this summer. My requirements are:
shorts leg (pref short rather than knee length)
ideally short/cap sleeves too
swimsuit material not neoprene/wetsuit
tight not baggy
one piece or two piece fine

If it has like a tummy control panel and comes in short person/petite sizes even better :thumbs:

Not sure what exactly I'm searching for or where I should look so any help is appreciated.

they seem to exist on Shein, but I'm not sure I'd recommend using Shein.

Best I can find are non matching seperates. You've probably found these yourself.

Yeah I've seen a few nice ones come up from shein but I have always assumed it's one of those facebook scam sites?

Sounds like a rash vest & shorts combo is what you're after. Most have long sleeves but there are short/cap sleeved options.

Sounds like a rash vest & shorts combo is what you're after. Most have long sleeves but there are short/cap sleeved options.
This is my 2nd choice option, just thinking a one piece would be better as the top won't flap around.

Boden does this sort of thing as separates, I think.

I like this, and it's reduced:

This is my 2nd choice option, just thinking a one piece would be better as the top won't flap around.

You seem to be describing something I see surfers wearing, but as said, they’re neoprene. Wonder if there is a non-neoprene equivalent for when avoiding the summer sun but water temp is fine.

Boden just advertised this at me. Full price but fits the brief:

Not sure if it is just the Boden website being hard to navigate, but I can either find shorts with no matching top, or tops with only little bikini bottoms.

You seem to be describing something I see surfers wearing, but as said, they’re neoprene. Wonder if there is a non-neoprene equivalent for when avoiding the summer sun but water temp is fine.
Literally is in the post above :D

Not sure if it is just the Boden website being hard to navigate, but I can either find shorts with no matching top, or tops with only little bikini bottoms.
It's not the easiest (I'm in the market for something similar). They seem to be all about the mix and match for some reason.

Literally is in the post above :D

Not on my game today.

Not sure whether these people are good or not (think I’d go for the blue and yellow version) - oh, long sleeves, dammit..

Aha. What you want is this:

+ this

Not particularly cheap mind.

Unless you're going to be swimming miles every day in chlorinated water for months on end, I don't think there's anything particularly magic about swimsuit material. Especially if you're rinsing every day.

Which means Decathlon might be useful - it's cheap for rash vests & gym shorts (also has a decent swimsuit section, with some good coverage costumes though can't recall if I've seen anything quite as covering as you're looking for, maybe in the surf section?)

Back
Top Bottom