Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you do photographic projects?

weltweit

Either to give your photography purpose or to make money.

I had some ideas for projects and think it could be a good idea to give greater purpose.

Anyone care to share projects they have done, are thinking of - whatever?

Not really. I occasionally think about it or go on a mini shoot but that is about it.
About the furthest I have taken it is because I feel that I should level up my skills because many of my students show an interest in photography and I am rather ignorant of many aspects of it.

Also I occasionally get interested from a tech perspective.
Recently I have discovered some old photography equipment and now I'm kinda interested in seeing what it does.

20220703_015950.jpg

I felt really inspired by the Mundane threads we have and I love when I'm out and I see something that fits that description. I'm not very good at manual art, but I find taking pictures fun and it's a good way to express myself. Bleak and boring is what I aim for with mixed success.

I felt really inspired by the Mundane threads we have and I love when I'm out and I see something that fits that description. I'm not very good at manual art, but I find taking pictures fun and it's a good way to express myself. Bleak and boring is what I aim for with mixed success.
I hadn't realised those threads till tonight. I will definitely try to snap some stuff for them now I know they are there.

Yeah I like taking pics for the mundane threads, haven't in a while.

I have a couple of ongoing favourite subjects (wouldn't go so far as to call them 'projects'), the main one being mushrooms. Also taking pics (of the sky mostly, and changing seasons) from my attic window. Many, many pics taken from the same spot, the sky is everchanging.

Not really. I occasionally think about it or go on a mini shoot but that is about it.
About the furthest I have taken it is because I feel that I should level up my skills because many of my students show an interest in photography and I am rather ignorant of many aspects of it.

Also I occasionally get interested from a tech perspective.
Recently I have discovered some old photography equipment and now I'm kinda interested in seeing what it does.

View attachment 330182
It's for extreme close-up photography.

You could also use it for focus stacking as weltweit said, but they were made before that was a thing.

I usually have several projects on the go. One of my current ones (documenting all of London's Ghost Signs) has resulted in my co-authoring a book on the subject.

I'm also trying to photograph the interiors of all of Cornwall's parish churches, particularly as 360° panoramas. I've done over 100 so far, but the project has stalled somewhat due to Covid and now the cost of petrol as well.

I suppose I had a sort of project to take photos of the night sky but then I identified that my gear wasn't ideal and being out all night on my own and in the cold isn't always appealing.

However I might buy a better lens, F type Nikon screw drive lenses can only be getting cheaper now there are so many newer and more expensive versions available.

Off to look at used lenses on MPB :)

I need a project too! Never done one before, well not properly.

I’m toying with the idea of street portraits of interesting people in various microcosms of Brighton, & within walking distance to where I live. There also needs to be a story with the images too, or it’s just another street portrait. I know this has been done to death, but it’d be my doorstep project.

I’ve just recently joined the Brighton & Hove Camera Club & a street tog called Peter Merry is talking next week. Love his monopoly board idea!

“Peter Merry is a street photographer working mainly in London. His photography explores the urban, often capturing poetic and dreamlike elements of the street and rarely include identifiable people (other than during demonstrations and events). He is a fan of project based photography and often present images as triptych or larger group format, giving a wider perspective for a theme.

His projects are mostly street based and usually in, and around, London. One example is the Monopoly Project, which used the London Monopoly locations to explore the city, finding unexpected subjects including a Czech Army tank (just off the Old Kent Road) and a drugs deal in the West End. Peter’s Talk “London Streets : The Monopoly Project” takes a look at this year-long project exploring the photographic approach, resulting images and life of the project from start to finish”.

Hi Mr.Bishie I let my photography club membership lapse at the moment. The majority of members in it are retired so it is fine for them to meet till past 10pm on a weekday, but it isn't ok for me who needs to be up at 6am.

Street shots sounds interesting but your colleague taking London Monopoly locations - that is a stroke of genius :)

For a couple of years I used to visit every local event, (steam rallies, the local railway, agricultural shows and the like) especially during summer time and take pictures. I wondered about making a website with photos from each event and sort of promoting them. Perhaps the sort of thing that editor does on Brixton Buzz. It is a larger project than just the photography though.

I also tried a little to make photos of the Boar because they are prevalent where I live but, like the night sky project idea, they only really come out at night :(

A guy where I used to live made a project of documenting the local town, all the shops and their owners. He did it in black and white, had a stall at the local show selling the pictures and published a book. Seemed very organised.

Either to give your photography purpose or to make money.

I had some ideas for projects and think it could be a good idea to give greater purpose.

Anyone care to share projects they have done, are thinking of - whatever?
I used to during my degree but not really now

Back
Top Bottom