Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Development-led archaeology and an attempt to increase local democracy in planning

Cold Harbour

Hi all,

(With Ed's kind permission) I am posting to share a survey aimed at understanding how the development sector should better provide public benefit, with a specific focus on archaeology that happens on building sites. I am an SE5 local, and if you are too you might recognise some of Loughborough Junction in the film which is embedded within the survey link below.

There is a lot of development going on that is unpopular, potentially violent towards some local communities and divisive in its aims and values.

We are archaeologists, and we work on construction sites. When construction is happening nearby, it's likely that archaeologists are working there. We think that our work should create opportunities, experiences, and information that mean something to you, your neighbours, and your communities. You do not need to know anything about archaeology to participate in this study.

The goal of this study is to learn how to serve you better
by listening to what you have to say. If you choose to participate in this survey, we will incorporate your thoughts, ideas, and observations into a guide for our profession. We will also use your feedback to contribute to policy papers, to try to ensure that what you want is a part of our work.

You are the experts in your communities. Your participation in this project enables us to develop a more well-rounded understanding of the meaningful work archaeological work can produce for everyone.

These surveys may take up to 20-30 minutes to complete, and each includes a chance to win a £100 voucher upon completion.

As a member of the public, please click here to tell us what you’d like from our work:

https://mola.fra1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bfSzjFXNkXW2S6a

Feel free to contact me via here for more info and to be further involved when we get further down the road with this.

Back
Top Bottom