Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Debden/Loughton on way to Epping

well im working on Monday :p

thanks guys. south woodford hadnt considered, will do a reccy on house prices. is it still green ?

well im working on Monday :p

thanks guys. south woodford hadnt considered, will do a reccy on house prices. is it still green ?

Well you're not far from the forest, it has a cinema, a Waitrose and a Sainsburys, plus the pubs and bars aren't bad. It has far more of a 'cosmopolitan' feel than Epping or Loughton. If I had to move back that way again, that's where I'd go.

We live at the very North of Essex on the Suffolk/Cambs border and wouldn't want to live anywhere else now. Mrs.Griff commutes into Liverpool Street which takes about an hour but the fares are ridiculous. :(

Lived in Epping for ages, moved away 3 years ago now.

Whereabouts in Epping did you live??

I agree that there are some nice places up near you / Saffron Walden way but at this point in my life I would rather go for a "cheap" half hour commute on the tube than arse about on a packed train for an hour+ and pay over £3,000p/a for the privilege.

Not sure I fully agree on South Woodford - have you been back recently? It's like Loughton now in terms of "black range rover" territory but without some of Loughton's benefits.

You pays your money and takes your choice I suppose.

Only way to do it properly is have a good look round any area you are thinking of moving to and make your own mind up.

I think we can agree that Debden isn't the best though... :D

Whereabouts in Epping did you live??

Just round the corner to the station in Charles Street. :)

Loved the house mind, but our miserable cunt of a neighbour really got on our nerves. When the BNP list came out, he was in it. Cunt.

Do you still get leaflets from the Epping Community Action Group through your door?

I've lived in South Woodford and spent many years in a relationship with a lass who lived on the Debden estate. It really isn't that rough. But it is a bit BNP. Still, it's good value to be on the edge of Epping Forest and have a nice easy commute. And the pubs Mitre mentioned are very nice.

Yeah Mitre, that Indian opposite the Railway Tavern in Theydon Bois was the best in the area for sure. Spent many an evening in that one. :)

Abridge is a lovely little village to live in but a pain in the arse if you actually need anything.

I don't go there that much but from memory there are a couple of pubs, a gunsmiths and thats about it. If you want any shopping or even a newspaper you have to go to Theydon about a mile and a half away & as I mentioned in my other post Theydon isn't exactly a thriving metropolis in itself...

I've driven through Abridge loads of times, looks alright

Do you still get leaflets from the Epping Community Action Group through your door?

Haven't seen one yet, something to look forward too no doubt :D

I live near the station too but on the other side of the line in Cedar Court - it takes me about a minute from my front door to the platform!

Haven't seen one yet, something to look forward too no doubt :D

I live near the station too but on the other side of the line in Cedar Court - it takes me about a minute from my front door to the platform!

That's where Ian Anderson lives, the Epping Community Group man :D

When we had the shop he tried roping us into standing for council with him, he seems a nice enough geezer as he organises the Swaines Green stuff, but it's when you look into his history a bit :eek: and realise what stuff he's still printing and circulating, well we didn't want any part of that.

The fact he was the fucking chairman of the National Front for years and there's shedloads about him on the net. :D

We are thinking of moving that way too (Debden, as cant afford prices of Loughton, different now!) would anyone comment on the area with more recent posts please? We are deciding between Debden - near the open spaces bits, or also Abridge, quiet village, but quite close to drive, get to the tube as well...? Wonder about the people who live there but this probably does not change a lot (previous posts in 2009?) thanks

I'm in Theydon Bois and its lovely but its very quiet, and only got a tiny Tesco Express (and 4 out of 10(?) shops are beauty parlours which annoys me far more than it should) I'm guessing Abridge is similar.

Debden is a bit grey from what I've seen, not a lot there. Loughton is ok, its middle of the road sort of area I think, plenty of smallish shops and I'd say it was aspiring middle class in tone. Epping is a bit more upmarket but again fairly small sort of place (or so it seems anyway I don't spend much time there)

Lots of Essex lads in all areas though so be warned about that.

Living near the forest is the dogs bollocks though and I spend a happy 10 minutes watching the rabbits at Theydon station in the morning which makes going and coming from work a pleasure.

Back
Top Bottom